Author Topic: I knew i should have been a millionaire!  (Read 1900 times)

I knew i should have been a millionaire!
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:13:54 am »
http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/largephoto.cgi?C=QYkXVUPhSExVks2s&w=4

I wonder what else he has if this is an appetizer !

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: I knew i should have been a millionaire!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 03:26:45 pm »
i think our advertiser is an optimist. I have recently been offered a number of works bikes ex the USA, obviously the local USA buyers have all but dried up. I think that this price is crazy, I doubt he will ever get 40% of asking price. I myself have three Honda' s from that period one of which has a pedigree and ironically cost me less for the whole bike than the bits and pieces.
Old and slow - and happy

firko

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:03:18 pm »
I'd want to see some serious authentification and then I'd only want to pay a fraction of his asking money. He must have a kid ready to go off to college or some other American money pit.
On the same level, I saw some truly exotic CR/RC500 HRC cylinders, forks, shocks  and hand made gearbox parts the other day. The owners had them since new and is considering building a killer RC500 clone to actually race in the future.

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 10:39:32 pm »
firko, is your mates parts water or air cooled?  what year.

firko

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:43:48 pm »
G'day Dave....Water cooled and not sure of year, early 90s I suspect. He road raced for Honda team and picked up these bits from the factory for his CR500 but never used them until now.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 09:06:48 am »
20K USD at the moment probably could buy you a complete works bike. Or at least something very tasty, CCM, RH250, name it, don't see the value in that lot.

Hell 20K will almost buy you a McQueen Rickman with Steves signature and a free t shirt.
formerly Marc.com