Author Topic: Talk about taking it to a new level  (Read 1632 times)

Tom

Talk about taking it to a new level
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:53:54 pm »
i thought robbie maddison went a bit crazy with the american football field jump but they seem to just get crazier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiLWPUjqj0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:55:55 pm by Tom »

mx250

Re: Talk about taking it to a new level
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:08:06 pm »
Its a long way but I don't think its a big deal. I was more impressed with the stadium record jump. What an elaborate run up.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:21:40 am »
its tha black stuff on da road :o

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:52:42 pm »
Scary stuff those long jumps! :P :o
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 01:12:36 pm »
Can anyone tell me what "azfelt" is? :-\

Lets you know you're in the wrong nightclub.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 01:02:53 pm »
Maddo to make history again in a death-defying NYE world-first stunt

Posted: Tuesday, 9th December, 2008 : 9:23 AM - - 3142 Reads -

Robbie Maddison

Deviating from the standard New Year’s resolutions to lose weight, quit smoking or save more money, Aussie world-class athlete Robbie ‘Maddo’ Maddison has resolved to break boundaries before the clock strikes midnight on December 31, in a death-defying world-first stunt in Red Bull: New Year, No Limits!

Having already broken the Guinness World Record for a motorcycle with a leap of 322 feet, 7.5 inches over the length of a football field during a 2007 Red Bull New Year’s Eve event, Maddo will attempt a more finessed, but equally challenging jump this time around.

The 27-year-old Aussie daredevil will jump his bike more than 120 feet high and land on the top of the 96-foot-high and 40-foot-deep replica Arc de Triomphe in front of Paris Las Vegas. What goes up must come down, and Maddo’s not going to argue with physics. Upon completing the jump, he will then drop off the Arc and freefall 50 feet to a massive landing ramp below. The smallest mistake could have fatal consequences – leaving no room for error!
“I had some doubts last year whether or not I could jump a football field,” said Maddo. “This year, the doubts are way bigger. The jump has never been done before, but I’m confident in my ability and I believe that as I start training, the dream that seems impossible will become a reality.”
On the same evening in Las Vegas, Kiwi Rick Millen will attempt to become the first person to complete and land a backflip in an off-road truck. Millen’s flip demands the truck to travel a distance of 80 feet at a height of 50 feet. During his final practice before the 2007 New Year’s event, Millen overshot the landing, resulting in injury, damage to his vehicle and his withdrawal from the event. Now fully recovered, the 36-year-old New Zealand native is more determined than ever.
Stay tuned to find out if Maddo and Millen will make or break their New Year’s resolution in the thrilling Red Bull: New Year. No Limits!
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:35 am »
Best is in the West !!