Author Topic: Is this the start of it all?  (Read 9049 times)

Offline Tankslapper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Hydrosteer
Re: Is this the start of it all?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 01:12:28 pm »
The Victorian Classic Club holds the last round of the series at Boagy's place every year. Last race for the season 4/11/2007. Entry forms on the Viper web site.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 10:49:36 pm »
i am pretty sure it was not boagys place it was between warrigal and noojee somewhere ron dinsdale rode  watsons bultacos ,cris delarue was there on a kx450 and we sort of had races it was a grass paddock on the side of a hill i was riding my husky wr450 (which i still have ) and i remember getting taken out in one race in the first turn by the mad swede kel amberntson i am pretty sure it was 86 i will have to find the mag to check  8)

it ran last time i started it  ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 10:44:24 am »
sounds like it may be a different day to the day i went.

kel amberntson the ex Swede GP rider i remember racing against him early 80's when he rode a Can Am Sonic 500 in some 4 stroke Mx Races (this was 81 -85 era) he was a great rider, was he riding the sonic on that day you mentioned or something like a BSA B50MX?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 09:06:07 pm »
yeah hoony he was riding a 1977 husky 250 on the day if my fading memory serves me right and kel did have a can am. In the early eightys he had a very quick xl500 and before that a ccm loved his 4 strokes he was in our club mcrcv and used to ride all the club days i think he is living back in sweden now  8)

it ran last time i started it  ;D 
follow me to first turn