Author Topic: QA50 gearbox issues  (Read 3606 times)

QA50 gearbox issues
« on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:49 pm »
I have 2 QA50's and got them running yesterday. They both suffer from the same issue, so i hope it is a common problem that someone can clue me in on. In second gear only, when under power ( all 4 hp  ::) ) the gearbox seems to skip like every revolution . No crunching of gears, just a moment where it hits neutral then takes off again. So you are going along and the bike is lunging forward then rev and forward then rev again. Any one know what im on about?

miniwheels

Re: QA50 gearbox issues
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:28:23 am »
The QA50's have a common problem that they surge in 2nd gear, Honda brought out a mod kit for them to stop it from happening but from a few people that I know whom have fitted the mod kit  they reckon there motor still surges/slips in 2nd gear but not as much :-X.
090 you can check out this web site as they have the Honda service bulliten on the problem and offer to fix it but there based  in the USA :o.
http://www.re-mx.com/qa50/qa50_parts.php

Re: QA50 gearbox issues
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 05:59:09 am »
Thanks mate. Great site. That is exactly what is wrong.
I pulled them out to clean up and move them on, but when my two youngest saw me on them, that was the end of it. They have been thrashing them every arvo since, which is killing my wife as her little ballerina princess is riding a bloody motorbike! It would be a real laugh if she ended up racing!