Author Topic: hey james  (Read 2874 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
hey james
« on: October 12, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »
when some one in the usa says it got a pink slip and a green sticker on a bike . what does that mean, paul

firko

Re: hey james
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:48:30 pm »
Paul...The pink slip is the rego/ownership papers and the green sticker is California off road rego.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:10:08 pm »
That is kind of tough in USA outside of California-as I never had a title to an MX bike until 1989 in Texas. Even then it was torture explaining to the tax office that the title was only legal proof of ownership, that I did not want an off-road sticker, or road registration.

That was a 1989 RM250, the only bike I ever titled. So, as you are looking at bikes-California is the best, not only since it almost certainly has a title, but also it is way closer to the shipping port(less cost). Most bikes in the 70s in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma that I know of-only had an MSO, Manufacturer's Statement of Origin-or in some cases a CO-Certificate of Origin. Typically when sold-the MSO was handed over with a Bill of Sale-signed by both parties. I think I recall having an MSO notarized at one point.

BTW,  I undertstand that in California, you must have a title and green sticker or the authorites can confiscate( take) your bike, impound and destroy. That is, you can be pulled over and checked for this-then they can take your "gross polluter" and destroy it-giving plaesure to eco-nazis everywhere.  :-[ :-[ Well, maybe a few more in California may sell their bikes just for that?
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:25:36 pm »
so in california even race bikes had these /title ,green sticker//?????

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:40:41 pm »
Being a Texas hillbilly, I am not sure. I expect as much since I now see most Ca. bikes sold with titles. The law with the green sticker is likely embellished, but you do have to have these days.Do not know how far back titles were required though.

James
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 04:04:07 pm »
so in california even race bikes had these /title ,green sticker//?????

NOpe as james is saying only some people went to the effort of getting the pink slip.  Race bikes wont have/need one and most MX in the 70 had no need for one, but where caught in the legislation later, thats why its kinda coming up now so your not shipping O/s Stolen bikes for example.  there are ways around it, and it was covered prity well in the last forum.  IF its a race bike or can be made to look like one it will most certainly be able to leave the country without a pink slip.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff