Author Topic: Farleigh Castle MXdN 5,6 sept Please read if you are thinking of attending.  (Read 898 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
just got off the blower to christophe mallam fresh from his trip to your sunkissed land.  He told me he has had talks with a few of your good selvs and some of you are thinking about coming.  IF you are serious here is my number 447767205198   please call me as soon as possible as space in the event is getting very limited .   Latest ex GP greats to sign up are,  Jacky Vimond 1986 world 250cc champion who will ride his 86 bike in the evo {pre 1990} class. you probably remember the Karsmarkers family from Holland, we have 4 Karsmarkers family members riding , germany has Herbert shmitz the last man to win a GP on a Maico, england has 1979 world 500cc champ Grayham Rolls Noyce and british 125 champ in 1983 pete mathia, neil hudson will be with us along with Dave thorpe as our guests of honour. From Belgum we have Yan geboers{erics brother} I spoke with yan friday and he is currently building 2 suzuki twinshock bikes for eric  geboers and harry everts, france will be headed by ex Gp rider Bruno David on a 360 mugen along with 32 other frenchies who have paid up for the event. Italy will hopefully be world 1990 champ Alessandro puzar along with current world MX1 champ David philliparts father and the boss of Goldentyre italy.  USA ,i have peronaly spoken to Billy liles and he is currently chewing it over, chuck sun and danny laporte are well aware of the event and only time will tell if they will attend.    saturday night we have a fantastic on stage interview with HRC 1989 world champ David thorpe and his Team from 89, then on to a works bike auction of 2 very special full factory 1987 and 1989 SR 500 kawasaki 500s.  followed by MADNESS tribute band and gallons of Cider.    This is shaping up to be the biggest international event {modern or old} in the UK for decades.   Please get in touch with your federation {acu oz? } as this event is a ACU FIM event and they may be able to help you with travel.  we have a block hotel booking 5 mins from the track and can provide a minibus shuttle to and from the track.

Please do not put off coming this year as there is no gaurntee we will hold it again in the future.  Dave King.

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
forgot to add, the highlight of the weekend{for me} will be to see Dave Thorpe on his 1989 works Honda RC500M doing a few laps alongside grayham noyce on his Title winning 1979 world title Rc500 Honda and Jacky Vimond on his title winning 1986 OW yamaha 250 and jeremy whatley on his 1989 suzuki 250..

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Dave, so has it I will be in London that weekend  ;D, I will give you a call in the morning (your time)