Author Topic: ebay woes  (Read 9798 times)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: ebay woes
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 02:17:35 pm »

Hi James

Thanks for not mentioning the other guy - as far as I am concerned that is water under the bridge and he's cool. As to the other fellow - Mr Schmieding - well we'll leave his fate to karma !!!

Now just give me a while to see if I have any AW parts in my stash for your trouble........... ;D

Cheers,

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

oldmotoxer

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 07:22:17 pm »
Can relate completely TonyB, I've just has some clown from US ebay wanting to charge me $30US to ship a Head Gasket for my RM to me in Oz!

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 11:08:49 pm »

Here's a tip

Ask the guy to cut the package down to just a bit larger than the contained gasket and pack with corresponding size corrugated cardboard on either side laid at 90 degrees which makes a rigid parcel He should be able to ship that for 10 - 15 bucks as there is no need to have the usual big sheet of card with the gasket way in the middle etc.

Also ask him for the dimensions and weight then go check on the USPS website for yourself. Bet he's trying to add a bit of cream to the deal. No matter what the country there are always rip off merchants!!!
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

oldmotoxer

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 06:09:18 pm »
been there done that maicomc490t, he simple said that this is what he charges for shipping & handling, end of story.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 07:09:29 pm »
I have mostly had good experiences with US sellers.The worst was an RM pipe which I asked about first-advertised as ready to go, I was told it was rust-free with some minor dents.When it arrived, it looked liked it had been used as an ashtray on a fishing trawler for at least 6 years-I tapped it and it caved in on contact- ripped off. Camaro was his e-bay name. But 99% have been good to deal with-always a rotton egg somewhere I suppose.

yzinger

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 08:55:57 pm »
My current ebay woe is that i've won an auction for a Yamaha petrol tank, it's been 3 days since i've won and he still hasn't sent me an invoice, so i check his feedback again and it seems that he just got a spate of negative feedback, is now no longer accepting Paypal (due to unanswered disputes) and people not receiving thier goods. He is now insisting people use 'BidPay' judging by his current auctions. The auction I won says he accepts Paypal though, so what are my rights if he insists I pay via BidPay? His latest feedback makes me not want to go through with the transaction, but I have 100% feedback and would hate to jeopodise it. What would you do?

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 05:44:05 am »
Actually YZinger, if you read e-bay carefully, you do not have to complete the transaction-since he does list Pay Pal as a form of payment. This is as I understand it, but check with e-bay.
   Did he have the neg feedback during the auction you won? Bottom line is if bidpay is not a protected form of payment, I would stay away. I have bought items from and sold to others with negative feedback-it depends what the situation was. After all, some people are unreasonable, and irrational. Case in point:
  Last year the wife found an NOS pair of mx boots from the 80s at a pawn shop-they were too small for her, and too large for daughter. They were new with tags. I adverstised them as lightly worn and like new. Well, the suela who bought them gave us a nuetral since the gaitor on top was peeling( very little at that after 20+ years of sitting on a shelf)-and she paid like ten bucks for them!! I did e-mail her about her statement-and she said she should have given us a neg!! The petulance of some never ceases to amaze me.

Personally, I would only pursue the transaction(which it sounds like he is not pursuing) if the tank was a primo YZ250/360A tank-the others are out there and sold frequently.
James
Life is suddenly very Monaro

firko

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 07:26:26 am »
As an eBay buyer since 1999 I've had my share of dodgy deals . Luckily I've been spared any negative feedback on sales but I did cop a dickhead (Dogiron) a few years ago who didn't send me my item and when I had the audacity to ask where it was he sent me a bunch of nasty PMs and finally a really bad neg feedback in which he said he'd sent my cheque back. Seeing that I'd paid with BidPay that was a blatant lie which led to his downfall. I complained to eBay and before long he'd been chucked off. I got another bad feedback from one guy who complained that he hadn't been paid within his self imposed 7 day limit even though I had to pay with a money order and send it via snail mail. Numerous emails to him explaining the distance/time factor went over his head and he not only gave me a bad feedback, he also reported me as a bad payer, which thankfully was later resolved after I protested to eBay.
This goes to show that complaining through the correct channels does sometimes work. Unfortunately these two dickheads have ruined my 100% feedback score. (It's now 99.5%)

yzinger

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 08:46:02 am »
Thanks Maicojames. There's no way i'm going through with the transaction now, checked his feedback again this morning and there are more negatives from people in the same situation, apparently now he has been booted from Bidpay too. I just hope he gets booted from Ebay before he has a chance to leave negatives for people (like me)....

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 08:59:06 am »
This guy I am talkin bout does not want me to use paypal, he wants me to wire the money to him and he will take the bike to a local depot of my choice, it seems he does not want someone to actually pick it up from him? I'm smelling a rat here. I have now stated that I will only buy the bike if I can get a person to pick it up and hand over the money, or i use paypal. What do you think, does this look like its shaping to be a scammer?
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 09:04:10 am »
 IF SMOTHING SMELL LIKE CRAP IT USUALLY IS  THERE NO REASON THAT YOU CANT GET SOME ONE TO PICK THE BIKE UP  WITH THE CASH  UNLESS THERE HIDEING SOMETHING

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 09:26:41 am »
and unfortunately not all these scumbags resie overseas - I am still looking forward to my next trip to melbourne when I hope to either get my paid for aprts of money back from a certain so called VMX "enthusiast"

regards

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 09:13:13 pm »
Whats the story with 'bid retractions' I retracted a bid because a seller wanted to charge me 48GBP for a carbie.They are a bit heavy but $110 or so for shipping is excessive I feel.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 09:25:42 pm »
Bid retraction is by mutual agreement.
 "If" the seller omitted to describe the auction in full or correctly that would be valid grounds to retract a bid . so also would be an abvious Over bid of an auction.

If you have won the auction  and are negotiating  postage thats different  and  it may be best to  investigate and present the postage options to the seller  and if they dont agree  then  thats  a bit difficult and messy.

You can if it comes to it argue the point with ebay of why you should proceed with the transaction . or you may  ofer the seller thier listing fees  so they can relist.

or you may peceed and learn to ask before bidding.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 05:54:22 pm »
More ebay drama's for cyclegod  >:( >:( a dubious toss-pot called "mondoball" has ripped me off for quite a bit on a TM125 engine,oil tank and coil and what pisses me off is its partly my fault. Here's how to avoid my mistake, make sure when you request postage quote that you state "you DO NOT want the item shipped by UPS surface" insist upon U.S.P.S airmail. What happens if you don't is that they claim they sent by ups surface (which is twice what usps airmail costs) and it will take 10-12 weeks so you can't claim on Paypal for undelivered goods. Avoid "mondoball " as he has now amassed a large amount of negative feedbacks in the last couple of months and will (if I have anything to say about it) most likely be banned from ebay soon.
Ban BLACK rims NOW