Author Topic: Something I'd never seen or heard of..  (Read 6849 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Something I'd never seen or heard of..
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »
I didn't want to say anything Doc, but since the cats out of the bag.........look's like they are neither spring loaded nor self returning......let the games begin ;D

albrid-3

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 11:57:40 AM »
Hello Mark, thanks for pointing that out to geoff, gee l am happy that he smiled, and yes l am taking the piss out of , what ever. And it would be good to race a top fellow like geoff Ballard, And in my condition l am not fit ,  l don`t have a 400,  if l was fit l would be happy to have a crack at trying to beat him on the dirt, or as l say to a lot of fellows, ( l will see you out there, so l can use you for Traction.) but these days l happy to talk to him and have laugh. l wish other top A grade or B grade Rider from years ago would come out and have some fun. Flink is and odd bike,but l do like it. Mark l will be racing my CZ 250 1972 MODEL 4 SPEED.

firko

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »
Good one Dave...I knew you were taking the piss and told Geoff that. He's as keen as mustard and seeing him on a CZ rather than his beloved Maicos (in one class anyway)is something I never thought I'd see. GB is one of those older stars who genuinely loves the old bikes and the culture of the vintage scene. Andy Caldecott, Ronny Dinsdale, Geoff Eldridge and a few more old A graders are/were true believers. I'll be announcing at the Nats Dave so I'll give you a big gee up while you're racing. Thankfully you'll be busy at the time and won't get to hear me! ;D

In the future Superbike legend, Klub Kevlars own Shawn Giles will be making some apprearances at vintage events. His tie up with Suzuki and the road race team prevents any action right now but as he's nearing the end of his illustrious career he's slowly prepping his collection of vintage Honda MXers which spreads from a trick CR125M, a monstrously fast (and noisy) Mugen/HRC equipped SL350 Honda, a Cheney XL420 and more. Because of the Suzuki contractual tie up he's limited to that product so I may offer him a ride on the Boyd and Stellings TM400 once the bikes fully sorted and he's permitted to venture outside the road race scene. Then watch out. Anyone who thinks he's a road race one trick pony will be in for a shock. Those who remember his dirt track exploits on the CR500 and early vintage rides on his CR125 and the Cheney will know what I mean.

albrid-3

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
Mark. Make sure Klub Kevlars will be racing with us vintage Scrambling fellows, and be sure be sure be sure we will use him for traction. ;D :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:02:04 PM by albrid-3 »

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »
I didn't want to say anything Doc, but since the cats out of the bag.........look's like they are neither spring loaded nor self returning......let the games begin ;D

I undertand you have something going on about footpegs, and you probably understood this and are ony kidding. But the bottom of the frame, and also footpegbrackets, are the expansionchamber, therefore volumcalculated.

DR

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »
ola thanks ;) when I posted the footpeg reply it actually had a tongue in cheek 3 fold meaning...

1. as mentioned by evo, they don't fold, certainly aren't spring loaded and most definately would hit the ground with minimal effort so therefore the bike as it sits does not conform :P and should be sold as cheaply as possible to me! ;D

2. There was talk of 'Sacred Suzuki Footpegs' a while back...about 10 pages of the crap actually from memory so obviously some people will like the idea the importance of the footrests got a mention and I was stabbing blindly at these said people ::)

and lastly, I was curious as to what the hell volume calculated footrests entailed and now I know ;) cheers
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:44:50 PM by Doc »

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 08:33:33 AM »
Very interesting bikes. Very nice too, for their day.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 04:35:14 PM »
Thank heavens Doc.
For a second there I thought you where going to mention the "Self returning/spring loaded footpeg/Nationals Scrutrineering" thread, but I know your too much of a gentleman to dredge up all that long buried Ill feeling ;D

DR

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »
 :D nah, not going to be drawn into that evo except to say my bikes have all conformed since the 2007 nats when it was first mentioned to me ;)