Author Topic: montesa y bultaco  (Read 1412 times)

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
montesa y bultaco
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:02:13 pm »
Here,s one for you montesa boys, a dirt bike expo in Europe. Wouldn,t mind taking home the GM Frontera for a spare.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0V3_CIkPanA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0V3_CIkPanA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

All Things 414

Re: montesa y bultaco
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:13:12 pm »
MMMmmm. Really nice '77 VB and VG 250 there. :)

runutz698

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:25:54 am »
Hey Guys,

On the VG subject, I thought they were the holy grail of all montesa's??

I was talking to a guy in spain about montesa's the other day online, he told me that the VF is a rarer model in Spain, He seem to think that there were more VG's in spain getting used and he hardly ever saw a VF. Which leads me to think the VG is rarer in the rest of the world as not many were exported due to the financial problems in the late days when the VG was built on a shoe string budget??

Also there is apparently a big well know collector in spain that just collects the bikes and puts them in his private collection, Jared you might be able to confirm this as the guy in spain seem to think he got containers of stuff from the US??

Cheers
Nutz

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:01:35 am »
I know of at least three collectors in Spain that have containers in the states at all times and are
alway's having Buls, Montesa's and Ossa's sent back to the "mother" country.  They especially want
original cond bikes and anything pre 70'. 

All Things 414

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:24:59 pm »
Lyall told me that 21 VE/VF 414's came to Australia. I'm not certain how many 250's came over then but I'd think it'd probably be even less. He said that a few VG's came over (about four I think he said) but never said what size. I've a feeling they were 250's as our own "Holeshot Buddy" rode one. When I bought Lyall's paperwork after he passed away, the book with all the numbers of what he'd sold and when he'd sold it was convieniently left out.  >:(

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:09 pm »
Not many VG 250's made it here to the states either.  I can only account for 4 of them,
and I have one.  Don't know of any VG 414's that were sold here either.