Author Topic: Ways to end VMX  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Ways to end VMX
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »
 Greenie me ? No.  but we are so good at ruining our own pastimes. Taken from gromiesters 'for sale re tear offs'.  I prompted me to think of selfish ways we must change.
I have viewed a sup. reg requirement for a  virgin grass meeting that stated ,ALL rubbish in "particular plastics, oils and glass and cardboard" must be removed from designated meeting area and to 200 metres from boundary markers. It stopped the meeting. Tear offs are rubbish and a toxic painful deadly pollutant to livestock and animals. Dumping and not removing our race day rubbish and shit is common practice, Ever left a carton or bag full of garbage beside a tree or bin ? ???
We have to take ALL our shit back home.
 Add noise (sadly >:() . Lack of respect to others, Excessive abusive annoying loutish behaviour, wanton vandalism ,destruction of  land owners private property, fences, fittings and foliage, and of course the "some other stupid pricks will clean it up attitude"...... I am not innocent of any or all of the above but taking the time now to change.  Tim754
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:00:21 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to end VMX
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:34:24 pm »
I am innocent of the lot.  ;D Smiths roll offs, the green choice.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:02:28 pm »
I did a grass track last weekend in Vic, at the riders breifing we were told that the use of tear offs was now discouraged and to expect a complete ban in the very near future. They advised that for any future races we should be getting roll-offs.

Its a lot easier to buy new googles and roll-offs than it is to find landowners (usually farmers) that are willing to donate their paddocks to be torn up... i think its a good decision
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:37 pm »
yer ........here here Tim
 and a big thumbs down to all spud gun owners they scare the shit outta me....
oh and any fire cracker, that can be mystery get thrown in a fire....... :o
excessive noise suxz...but hey I'm not saying any more about that topic  :D   ;)
alison

this is not to say it happens in our vmx club  ;D
Best is in the West !!

mainline

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 05:18:15 pm »
I can't get close enough to anyone else to need tear-offs (unless I'm being lapped :))

All Things 414

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 07:05:45 pm »
Great. I just spent a zilliion dollars on laminated ones....... :-\

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:08:51 pm »
as punishment for waking the caretaker up sat nite (bloody dogs),sundy 6am i get to "help" do the wheelie bins in pit area,do you realize how much a wheelie bin full of tearoffs weighs??,geezas,thats only what's  picked up in close around the track,the rest is blown nextdoor(eitherside),then after racing finished,quite reflection (beer time),spots the mess left by the kid(& the family) with the yellow XL500,WTF,milk cartons,empty waterbottles,shit everywhere,theres 2 wheelie bins either side of their spot,nice one folks,(wonder what homes like??),heres me thinking earlier cool ,young guys playing with the old stuff,not happy Jan
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:43 pm »
We ended up getting hold of a rubbish skip at our mx track, cause there is so much waste and people love filling em up will all sorts...
What ever happened to the good old esky,sharing the same cup  ;D ,and saving the world from plastic bottles. 8)
cheers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:34:37 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!