Author Topic: TS125 hybrid project  (Read 8419 times)

DR

Re: TS125 hybrid project
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 05:39:47 pm »
SS, you'd have to double check what jetting the 28mm carb has and work on something in between the full blown kit jet sizes and the stock sizes. Without de-resticting the airbox and the exhaust the difference with a bigger carb would be minimal and not worth the effort. You're right, the std motor doesn't have the flow needed to make the bigger carb work effectively. If you build the other motor using a TM cylinder, head and decent pipe then the carb will be needed. I'd say if the carb is a TS kit (hop up) carb it's probably only a 26mm as that is what the TM has standard. Measure it right up near the slide/throttle valve area as the bore may taper out towards the cylinder giving the impression it's a 28. Good performance will come but patience is needed till you have all or most of the right bits ;)

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 05:48:31 pm »
I figured as much Doc. The carb is definately 28mm. I got it from a bloke in NZ and he got it with his TM when he bought it brand new, never got round to using it. So from that I can only assume it has the needle and jets etc that they came with standard.

I will get the TM bits together, biff it all together and go from there.

I'll put the standard carb back on the old bus (still pulls 9500rpm in standard form...)

By the way, where can i get a new clutch kit from for the TS ? And does it come with the steel plates as well as the fibres or just the fibres..??

Thanks

Andy.
WANTED : TM125 EXHAUST, ANY CONDITION!!!
WANTED : YAMAHA YZ250J ANY CONDITION!!!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 06:39:55 pm »
Hey Doc sell him ya twin cylinder TS will ya, better road performance, and still a traily with out wasting good TM parts on a road bike.  ss go out and find a good old T250 or T305 Genuine 100MPH+ go and build the TS/TM for off road play.
 OK I take Road bikes and try to turn them into off road/ dirt/ speedway bikes, but always have sniffed at wasting off roaders by turning them into asphalt eaters.  8)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:44:48 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

DR

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 06:43:23 pm »
SS, I have a second chance offer on a clutch disc set on ebay US at present, it's $10.95US + about $14.00US postage. If you want it I can grab it and have it posted to you directly? It's only the fibres, the steel plates will probably only need a bit of a rough up to be good again. The plates are still available from suzuki but the price will be more than $30US I can assure you, probably closer to $15au each plate. Let me know if you want them and we can take it from there ;)

Tim, I plan to finish the GTS185 1 day so it's not for sale. I personally wouldn't mind an ol' T305 or similar to play with...as a street bike that is not some weird far out trailie conversion :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:45:13 pm by Doc »

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 06:54:31 pm »
Tim, this TS has been in my family since new. It has been ridden all over the country by my Dad and by me both on and off road, a true adventure bike...
I use this as my primary type of transport mainly due to my love of riding any bike but also as my wife has the car usually.( plus i normally find the odd gravel road to play with on the way home..... ;D)

The reason I am doing this is basically cause I can!!! I also want to wipe the snobby grin off the bastard on the modery bike who looks at me with disgust on my old "farm bike".......

I realise I could go out and by something of the same era and it would be more practical but who want to be like everone else?

And why buy it when you can build it?

There is no better feeling than sticking one up them!!!!

I muck around with these old bangers beacuse i love them and get an enormous amount of satisfaction in acheiving my goals.

You can keep your twin cylinder road bikes......

Im staying with my faithfull old TS125 !!

Anyway, enough ranting, Im just passionate about VMX bikes and in particular my old banger.

Andy.

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 06:57:34 pm »
Doc, I'll let you know about the clutch in the next day or so, I'm waiting to see how much they are over the counter at my local Suziki dealer. I will probably collapse in shock but one is always hopefull.....

Thanks for the offer, very decent of you.

Andy

DR

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 07:04:04 pm »
No probs Andy, it's just I was 'contemplating' buying them but I aready have a few spare sets. Thing is they fit near all Suzuki's under 200cc and over 100cc. Might grab them anyway so they'll be here in a few weeks if you need them. if not I'll use them sooner or later anyway ;)