Author Topic: Baruffaldi tear-offs  (Read 2124 times)

gnomester

Baruffaldi tear-offs
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:39:16 pm »
I have listed a lucky find of a lens and tear-offs that came with a set of goggles I bought back in 1978.

Alas the goggles (in poor condition) perished about ten years ago when part of a roof in a shed where they were stored collapsed and allowed the weather to destroy what was left of them.

the listing is on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Baruffaldi-Goggles-tear-offs-late-1970s_W0QQitemZ330324899358QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media?hash=item330324899358&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

albrid-3

Re: Baruffaldi tear-offs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:46:39 pm »
TEAR OFF WILL BE BRANDED AS BEING BAND SOON , YOU WON`T BE ALOUD TO USE THEM.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 10:03:13 pm »
why? where have you got that information from?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
'Cos cockies don't like their sheep/cows/stock gobbling indigestible tearoffs any more than fish enjoy getting tied-up in 6-pack plastic rings. And it's fair enough. If they're happy to let us get in and carve up their paddocks, it's the least we can do.  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

albrid-3

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 10:30:03 pm »
AND I AGREE

gnomester

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 11:52:31 pm »
OW!!... I do hope that someone who collects this style of MX memorabilia will be the lucky winner of this auction rather than some evil farmer who, as you suggest, throw these tear-offs to the cows to digest.
It is bloody lucky that I have kept this item intact for thirty years and have not let it fall into the hands of those who would feed plastic to cows.
Gee... complete, intact item that I have saved from being eaten by Grey Kangaroos, Swamp Wallabys, lyre birds, and if it did go South.... Emperor Penguins  :o ;D

Fair dinkum :o If you wish to dominate how my free market sales will pan out then ... expect a bill for my loss of market !!

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:24:15 am »
thats crap they were bringing that rule in around 2 years ago and never did because there were to many opposed to it
MUGEN power

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:04:31 am »
Caps I have viewed a sup. reg requirement for a  virgin grass meeting that stated ,ALL rubbish in "particular plastics, oils and glass and cardboard" must be removed from designated meeting area and to 200 metres from boundary markers. It stopped the meeting. Tear offs are rubbish and a toxic pollutant to livestock and animals. Dumping and not removing our race day shit is common practice, we have to change this attitude now. Ever left a carton or bag full of garbage beside a tree or bin ? We have to take all our shit back home.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Oggy Doggy

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:16 am »
I agree with banning tear offs too. If you've ever seen an animal in severe pain from having plastic stuck in their intestine (my dopey blue cattle dog Wayne) you'd understand where the rule comes from.

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:46 am »
If you're racing any grasstrack this year, you'll most likely be asked not to use tear offs.  

Down here in Vic, Barrabool has had this rule for years & you definitely can't use them at the Vic Classic rounds at Mirboo Nth or Boags (both are temporary grass tracks in paddocks).

Rolloffs aren't that bad.. just a pain in the arse to clean between races.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 11:52:17 am »
You are not allowed to use tearoffs in the national off road series for the past couple of years.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 01:24:47 pm »
Apologies to gnomester for this thread jack,  hope ya find a buyer/collector. :)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 04:14:27 pm »
Quote   " toxic pollutant "    (cows farting )  "Shit is a common pratice"

Sorry for Hijack couldn't help myself