Author Topic: DC Plastics ????  (Read 31527 times)

jasmotorbikes

Re: DC Plastics ????
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2009, 01:46:15 pm »
i think thats what il have to do to see if there any good and il post the verdict  :-*

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2009, 03:20:03 pm »
FWIW
I just received a set of YZ490J DC plastics from Les at VMX. When i called him, he asked which brand I wanted and I told him i wasn't worried about price, just wanted the better plastics.
His advice was that the Maier was sort of shiny but didn't fit properly and that the DC would fit but wasn't shiny... but he recomended the DC......

A mate just recieved some 490 Maier sidecovers and I had a look at them side by side along with the original plastics & DC's, In my opinion the DC aren't great but the Maier just aren't right. You can see the DC are made from molds off the originals but it looks like Maier have made there own molds from scratch because they are not the right shape or profile and small things like the recess for th 490 sticker on the sidecovers are missing all together.

I know there may be some variations in quality from model to model in both brands but I recently also bought a maier rear guard from the US (VMX Racing -be aware, very dodgy) for a CR250, it was so bad I tried to return it, when they wouldn't return it , it went straight in the bin
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:25:36 pm by Mick22 »
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

BONEHEAD

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2009, 03:35:59 pm »
before you go buying plastics let me see how my dunny lids turn out , damm it im out of beer and the nearest toilet block is to far,oh well dc it is.bonehead :P ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2009, 04:30:24 pm »
I've bought a few sets of DC plastics cos it was all i could get at the time and none of them fitted any good and they are so stiff they feel like they'll break. The plastics i bought from Vintage Suzuki for my RM250B are so much better i'm pretty happy with them and was told that Maier makes them.. but who knows??

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2009, 05:13:26 pm »
yes i think Maier do make them for vintage suzuki

see here

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=4983.0
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2009, 05:18:14 pm »
Yeah i think it might be a case of picking and choosing on a model per model basis, I don't think its as easy as DC is better than Maier or vice versa, sounds like they both make good and bad. Apparently DC are updating there molds and the newer generation stuff is a lot better fit.....but still not shiny >:(
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

jasmotorbikes

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:49 pm »
IVE GOT DC PLASTICS ON THE 490 FRONT GAURD IS OK AS FAR AS SHAPE AND FITTING ,REAR GAURD FITS OK BUT HAS A DINT IN THE TOP OF LIKE IT HAS SHUNK WHEN IT CAME OUT THE MOULD BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE ITS THE SAME ,SIDE COVERS HAD TO SPACE THE ONE ON THE MUFFLER SIDE AND NOW IVE FOUND THE RIGHT ONE IS CRACKING AROUND THE MOUNTING HOLES, I SUPPOSE ITS THE OLD SAYING YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR  BUT THEY STILL COST ME A BIT OVER 400 BUCKS LANDED IN AUS AND THE BIKE HAS ONLY BEEN RIDEN FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS ITS NOT WHAT I CALL GOOD VALUE I WOULD GLADLY PAY DOUBLE THAT FOR SOMTHING THATS LOOKS AND FITS RIGHT, ON MY PE ITS HAS RM PLASTICS FROM VINTAGE SUZUKI ALL I CAN SAY IS I WISH THEY HAD ONES FOR THE YAMIE THEY ARE EXELLENT IN FIT AND FINISH, WELL DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW MITE SEE IF BUNNINGS HAS ANY YELLOW DUNNY SEATS  :P

lms6201

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2009, 05:16:56 am »
jason , are u actually going to ride it this year ?  ive been looking forward to having some company from this town !mabey i,ll even leave one of my 490,s yellow

jasmotorbikes

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2009, 04:02:15 pm »
im going to take it to the cd6 and see how it goes just got to spend a bit more time getting it running right and try and stop it from pinging  ???

lms6201

« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:26 pm »
they don,t run right if they don,t ping , how long do u think u can hold it on for on a closed course !3 seconds in top gear possibly,  bring it out for for a run on sunday