Author Topic: How was the new Canberra track  (Read 6531 times)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How was the new Canberra track
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:45:43 am »
Had a ball. Track  surface and layout is a lot better. I was landing in the worst spot possible on the bigger jumps lap after lap. I must of had concussion or it was a Homer moment/s. No harm done . In fact it seems to have fixed my back problem, but I have got haemorrhoids now!
 Good idea with the points for Dennis I reckon. No Clerk, No Fun.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 04:12:46 pm »

Our webmaster in action

and here he is leading DG26

Sean H

How much fun was this jump?  ;D ;D ;D

Pete L proves that a late night with Fernando doesn't slow you down  ;D ;D ;D

And speaking about Fernando...here he is with Sean H in hot pursuit

Cheers
Shaun

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 05:05:52 pm »
all great stuff! cheers wally
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 05:48:37 pm »
woooohooooo.........there you go- Graeme is no longer a Rusty Rider ,good stuff young chap. ;D
Right jersey, right height,right bike.........Looking good  8)
Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 10:28:13 pm »
Gosh, there's actually AIR under my back wheel. What the?

As for rusty rider, unfortunately I don't think I quite got enough bike time to overcome that one. My kidney worries left me way too sore on Sunday to last more than a couple of laps and I didn't even race the arvo sessions. On the positive side, I did manage to go fast enough for a little while to be right in there with Noel and Don and Nathan which was fun. Though exactly how Noel gets enough stick out of a crappy old 77 CR125 to beat me to the first corner on the back wheel the whole way I don't know. That looked bloody brilliant from where I was sitting!

My apologies to those I couldn't really talk to on Saturday arvo when I was crawling around like a dill. I shouldn't have gone out in that last session but sometimes the heart over rules the head! I had a lot of fun even if I am still paying for it.

Looking forward to the next race, which with any luck might be the CRC at Bulahdelah.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:06:35 am »
Hey Macca how`s the shoulder? hope it heals quickly.
Couple of CR`s

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 11:37:25 am »
Hey Snowy, just back from sitting around hospital all week, was scheduled for theatre yesterday after waiting for my blood to thicken back up (on blood thinners past 6 mths) - but got resheduled till next Tuesday, so home for the weekend.
(Typing one hand) I've got a broke LH collarbone, again, and a shoulder blade and rib, so they'll plate on Tuesday hopefully and all will be good.
See what happens when you get a good start, the red mist comes on a bit, don't want to get stuck in the dust, a bit too much gas up the first tabletop, cant let the Husky get past!, and off line skyrocket I go onto your back wheel - hope I didn't hurt your knobbly with my front wheel! Got the biggest back body slam I've ever remembered, dont know how the WWF wrestlers do it.
ps. I think I was the only casualty of the day, and it happened on one of the old jumps, not a new one.
Anyway see you up at Crawford River Classic - as a flaggie.

Mark Austin

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 10:10:36 pm »
Glad to see you made it home OK Mick. Broken collarbones are no fun...
I'll give you a few lessons on my Nikon and you can take a few photos at the CRC. That will reduce the boredom of the flagging for a while.

Cheers,
Mark

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 10:31:10 am »
It's all about the memories.  The good and not so. I will remember this weekend of Heaven at Canberra for a track, that if I had walked it first, I would have packed up and watched the brave and talanted go round without me.
Dean Burt used the Canberra track to show us what a 30 year old RM 400N, disciplined training and a ton of un-used talent looks look. Spectatular!!!
Thanks has to go to Denis and his helpers for making the weekend the success it was. Also a thanks to Brownie for taking some top photos.

All the best.

Pete

KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Sean Hardman

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 08:57:00 pm »
The Canberra track was fantastic.  Looking forward to Bulahdelah and chasing Fernando.

Sean H 

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 09:47:48 am »
A link
Some more photo's Canberra and some from Glenbawn
Photos http://www.heaven-vintagemx.com/Canberra_0309/index.html
cheers
Noel