Author Topic: Containers from the US?  (Read 1041 times)

gerpster

Containers from the US?
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:37:02 pm »
Not sure where to post this but here goes...
I have alarge box of goodies including a tanks and exhaust etc in the US that will cost waaay too much to post. Am in no hurry to get it here...was wondering if anyone had contacts for a container shipment of stuff that could include a large box of bits for a price.. ..OR any other suggestions???
Thanks
Greg..    ::)

lc4

Re: Containers from the US?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:02:57 pm »
Know a guy that ships out of California but his drop off is in Melbourne. You would have to organise shipment at both ends that would probably eat up any savings.

albrid-3

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:11:25 pm »
Hello, l know a fellow who imports From USA, AND WORKS FOR CUSTOMS, SEND ME AN EMAIL, AND I WILL GIVE YOU CONTACT NUMBER.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:31:49 pm »
Sometimes we forget about home base OZVMX.com.au  ;D.... good luck with the goodies

Here at OzVMX we received this email from Marc Shade:

"Inspired by the US shipping helper article on your home page, I just wanted to say I’ve sold a lot of parts including whole bikes to Australia, Canada and the UK. Many through ebay (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmshade2000) but a lot of stuff directly. I have options for shipping packages larger than 70 lbs. It’s obviously a bit more but I’ve done it successfully quite a few times now.

I have a site here that will be of interest to all the AU Suzuki fans: http://www.youngerdryas.com/1982_suzuki_rm250

I make my own reproduction decals and hard-to-find parts for the Evo Suzi’s. I’m working diligently on all the 81-83 model graphics and hope to be able to supply full set for all models soon! I also make custom number plate decals to order and offer a great 2 for 1 deal on those."

So there you go, another great resource in the US, especially if you like those Floater Suzis.

Need help with shipping from the US?

As many OzVMX regulars would know, Buddy Johnson in the States offers assistance with getting goods sent to Australia for those buying from US eBay sellers that won't ship internationally.

He's provided that service for a lot of Aussie buyers for a while now, but he's found that he's starting to get requests to ship entire bikes. That's pretty much out of the question - Buddy can help out where he can with smaller items, but the really big stuff is a bit hard to manage.

As he says, "I do the repackaging and forwarding of parts as I can do it in the evening after work and take to the Post Office the next day on my lunch hour as long as it weighs 70LBs and under( I can not ship frames anymore as the USPS did away with Surface Shipping and now only offer Air Mail and the frames are over girth). I do not have the time to go to the Ports Authority and deal with Customs as required to ship complete bikes".

So, bear this in mind if you are thinking of using Buddy's services. As long as it's only smaller parts, he'll do the customs forms and repackage if necessary then post to Australia for a small fee & the shipping costs.

You can check Buddy's credentials on eBay where his seller name is "maicobuddy38f".

Email Buddy at [email protected]
Best is in the West !!

gerpster

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:56:54 pm »
Ahh yes the front page....doh!!!!   ::)
Many thanks..I have emailed Marc to get some possible suggestions.
I was hoping to avoid USPS and the rest as airmail would be a killer.    :-\

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 07:02:13 pm »
this is his new site

http://www.fullfloater.com/
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Oggy Doggy

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 07:26:54 pm »
Firko and a number of forum members have been using Peter Leahy on the Gold Coast for a few years. I'm using him to bring my stuff in and even though their prices have gone up recently (but hasn't everything?) he's pretty reliable.http://www.rolyleahycustomimports.com/

Peter Leahy
Custom Imports
Centrepark Complex,
Unit 50, 211 Brisbane Road
Labrador Qld
Australia 4216
  Ph
  07 5537 5288
  24/7
  0412 109 059
  Fax
  07 5528 9899