Author Topic: FORK GATORS  (Read 1760 times)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
FORK GATORS
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:53:44 am »
I just did a check on my 465 and removed the front fork springs colapsed the them and found that my aftermarket (which are very good quality) fork gators actually compress up and rob me of an inch of travel!! I might want to take them off but i am very afraid that a rock or stone is gonna get roosted onto the fork and create a burr or chip which will cause the seal to leak. has anyone had this happen. I see so many bikes wihtout them but i have allways used them becuase of this fear.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: FORK GATORS
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:49:57 pm »
cut 2 bits of flat plastic and zip tie them to the bottom of the forks make sure they cum over the seals and the inner legs. stop stones dead and you can wipe youe seals and check you legs eafter every race.  or just buy the plastic one from somthing else and fit them so they deflect stones, not hold water and dirt like the gators can
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: FORK GATORS
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:34:01 pm »
tony i do not have gaiters on any of my bikes, and i have not had any problems with damage or fork seal leakage, take them off let them breathe, pull a holeshot and roost everyone else's forks  :D

it ran last time i started it  ;D
follow me to first turn