Author Topic: FIrst time in  (Read 1559 times)

bitserv

FIrst time in
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:57 pm »
Hi all, first time into the site.
I have a mixed bag of bikes
72/73 Montesa Cota 247 that my dad bought in '74, 18 months old and 50mile on the clock. Started restoring it 15 years ago and you all know how life gets in the way. This is the reason for joining as getting serious to finish
75 Suzuki RM125S that I have had since new, and except for the bars is original, but due for a rebore. Raced it for 18 months before an RM125 A entered the garage. Had a few outings in the mid 90's with it at some club races but currently waiting for time to strip and rebuild
76 TY175 Yamaha that I have had for 15 years, It is complete, including lights, but again in need of some TLC
Have a couple of late model bikes as well and still road and trail ride.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: FIrst time in
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:48:43 pm »
Mate, you've got it covered!
Monties, Zooks and Yammies. You'll have no shortage of friends - and Trials to boot!
Welcome on board. Where abouts (roughly) are you?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:52:22 pm »
Hi Bitserv, Welcome, Im a bit new also.. gotta luv the rm125s, does the bowl of the carbie nearly rub on the crankcase on the right hand side
oldyzman
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

bitserv

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:38:15 pm »
Mate, you've got it covered!
Monties, Zooks and Yammies. You'll have no shortage of friends - and Trials to boot!
Welcome on board. Where abouts (roughly) are you?

Hi Wombat, located in Sydney South.

bitserv

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »
Hi Bitserv, Welcome, Im a bit new also.. gotta luv the rm125s, does the bowl of the carbie nearly rub on the crankcase on the right hand side
oldyzman
Sure does. I used to keep it slightly rotated as there used to be just enough movement in the rubber to make them touch when banging around an MX track.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:16:37 pm »
Sydney south me too...
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...