Author Topic: Free Lunch  (Read 865 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Free Lunch
« on: March 20, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »
This is one for the true enthusiast.
Be a part of the biggest event yet on the historic motorcycling calendar.
MA needs volunteers to help run the first Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza at Easter 2009. All branches of the sport will be there; riding non-competitively, showing their bikes, talking, reminiscing, caging rides from other entrants, swapping, buying, selling, spectating and just enjoying the vibe.
As a volunteer, you will be rostered on the gate or at a track on an hour on-hour off basis.
We need you to commit to both days to minimise our planning. You will be based predominantly in your area of interest but might have to take a turn elsewhere as the need arises.
All volunteers will be rostered on the same amount of hours per day, finishing at approximately 4pm.
In your hour off, you will be able to spectate or participate in the activities. If you do wish to ride, you will have to pay for a one event permit (if you don’t have an MA licence) and will have to fill out the event entry form and the indemnity. If you wish to purchase Gala Dinner tickets you will have to use the entry form too.
Those lucky participants who have volunteered will receive a pass in their name that entitles them to free lunch and entry and is not transferable.
However, you may bring a guest into the venue and to the free wind-up Sunday night BBQ.
Free camping and the general facilities at the MX GP circuit buildings will be available to you. As officials, you will identified by the event specific T shirt issued to you; so get in early as we only need 100 people to fill the positions.
Send in your application form (see Forms section of site) to;
Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza Volunteers
PO Box134
South Melbourne
Vic 3205
HBBB Volunteer package:
You receive:
Gate entry passes x 2 (One for worker, one for guest)
Free camping (includes guest)
Lunch both days
Dinner and drinks (BBQ) Sunday night x 2
Event official identification. (Use of portables at MX GP site as a base).

Expectations:
Hour on, hour off at all tasks
Flagging at tracks
Security at Show ‘n Shine, Honda Display and general
Bus driving (light rigid licence required – 22 seat bus)
Handling general enquiries
Front of event entry/ticketing
Best is in the West !!

albrid-3

Re: Free Lunch
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
I have my Tickets and working on the pre65 scramble track, that has been  prepaired by the Classic Scramble club.
david

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Free Lunch
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 05:52:59 PM »
Good stuff David,,,just about make me want to book the flights as everything else would be free,,,just need a bit of hay in the back corner somewhere and Steven,Ben & I would be right for a camp..... ;)   :D
Do they use bails of hay there still for track edge protection  ??? ??? ??? ???
 would look pretty pre 65 if they do. ;D
cheers alison
Best is in the West !!