Author Topic: AT2 project.  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
AT2 project.
« on: September 09, 2007, 08:01:06 pm »
Finally making some progress on this again :) :

The paint is actually cream, not white/off-white like it looks in the second pic.
The engine has been rebuilt, but it's top-end is living on my AT1 at the moment.

If I had had an ounce of foresight, I would have bought some new forks seals and could have had the whole front end in by now. :-[

Finding a 3.25x18 trials uni for the rear is proving remarkably difficult, and looks like being the biggest hassle before I can finish it. Other smaller hassles are finishing the fuel tank, sorting out an AutoLube tank (I've got two, both need substantial work), and getting a seat foam & cover.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:27:27 am by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Re: AT2 project.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:36:19 pm »
Looks good Nathan is it for show or will you ride /race it. Was that a late 60s enduro model and have you got some before shots.
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:02:19 pm »
No before shots - stupid me never thinks to take them... This one was on Ebay as a "parts bike" AT2E which I won for ~$70. I initially bought it as parts for my ratty AT1, but then I figured it was actually a pretty complete bike - certainly nicer than the AT1...

So the plan it to semi-restore it. It won't be a showroom bike - its gonna be the wrong colour, has the wrong front guard, wrong handlebars, etc, but I hope it will look original to the untrained eye.
Definitely not a racer either... It's taken too much time and effort already, and I hope to keep it clean and tidy for the rest of eternity.
So I hope it will live in the middle ground, and be a bikr that I ride to the shops, tootle down fireroads, pit bike etc.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:48:59 am by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:20:29 am »
Nathan, its been 2 days since you last posted in this thread, so I would assume that ya have been busy working on the AT2. Is she finished yet? ;) ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 08:42:08 am »
the word on the street is he's having trouble fitting the peddles onto the crankshaft.

just jokes mate, she looks good me thinks.
"flat bickie"

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 12:23:15 am »
Thread from the dead!
The ol' girl has sat ignored for ages - you can see the dust. Recently, I've had a bit of a shed clean up, and have rediscovered some enthusiasm for it.

Biggest stress now is the ignition - basically, I've got to figure out the electric starter/stator thing. I don't care if the electric starter works or not, but I do need it to make electricity...
I also got an oil injection tank from Ebay - and then managed to lose it...  :-[ AG100 and early DT125 items don't fit....
And I found a 3.25 rear tyre - its used but has abut 95% of its tread left. :)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:25:36 am by Nathan S »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:16 am »
Thread from the dead!
 yeah, and i forgot how bad my jokes are too!
i hope you keep going with it Nathan as i reckon it's a cool little thing.
pie in the sky comment but, would a full wiring harness,CDI etc from a later DT fit?
i'm a big fan of the CDI
"flat bickie"

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 01:30:14 am »
The problem is that the electric start crankshafts are different - the tapered bit is a different diameter.
You can't fit an ignition from a non-electric one, nor from a DT/YZ125, for this reason.

Might be able to make something work using a 250 flywheel, but I'm not holding my breath.

dad

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:50:05 pm »
Hi Nathan,

I'm looking at the pics of your AT2 and apart from the tank(and probably a few other little bits) I would swear I was looking at a 1975 AG100.

The frame,and even the seat looks like the two wrecks I have.

Peter

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 08:53:46 pm »
Because well they are.... ;) you could bolt the AT125, CT175 or Ag175( early iron barrel) straight into  that frame.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

mx250

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 08:57:37 pm »
I was thinking of you Nat, was it you that grabbed the neat little AT1 out at Leeton sold on Ebay? Good price $300.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 09:52:10 pm »
No, not me. I'm back in a poor phase ATM - in the last two months, I've bought six cars and a DT100, along with dropping my pay (and work-load) to 80% of what it has been.

mx250

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 10:05:39 pm »
in the last two months, I've bought six cars and a DT100, along with dropping my pay (and work-load) to 80% of what it has been.
....oh what a big shed you must have ;) ;D