Author Topic: TM75 bit needed ...again  (Read 3688 times)

Doc

TM75 bit needed ...again
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »
Gots my carb from the US but typical of my luck, there is a part missing that is critical for fitment  :-\ I won't mention the internal corrosion and stripped/butchered drain plug. Good news there is I do have a spare bowl  ;D Anyway, the bit missing..it's the little sleeve that slips inside the carb spigot bizzo. The green bit in the pic below (coloured it myself..flash eh!) the actual part itself is either alloy or a hard redish plastic fibre-ish substance of which I can't think of the name right now..Never listed as a separate part and I really don't want to have to buy another carb just for this bit. Any ideas?? mower shop maybe??

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: TM75 bit needed ...again
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:28:50 pm »
Hi Doc,
If you are stuck give me a length and I'll turn you one up out of delrin or teflon.
I know what they look like I have a 30x26 one of a bigger carb,
they have a step in the end as well,  so the" id" of the intake  spigot would help,
Cheers
Noel

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:30:16 pm »
Sorry Doc! You took off before i had a chance to say that i bought the carbies with me for you to have a look at.

Doc

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:16:15 am »
no Brad my apologies..I didn't give them a second thought till yesterday. I'll have to catch up with you on that one..no stress. Sorry to hear about the beautiful little CR too..one of my fav CR's and I'd near sell a Zook to get one of those critters!! :o that and the 250 RZ-RB/s of the same era  8) will catch up on the blower soon. Cheers

Noel..jeez thats damn nice of ya! I'll have a hunt around a few small engine shops locally and if no joy I may just call for your assistance..shitty little bit and always something that got tossed away when bikes were dismanted for wrecking. Just talking to my bro and he reckons little outboards have em too so I may be in luck..will hunt later today  ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:05:27 pm »
Yamaha GT DT  TY ? Mx 80s had a tiny one too Doc may be same Dias, Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 08:37:27 pm »
thanks Tim...and others, I have a couple of ideas to try first..driving around on a ride-on is so nice and mindless and gives ya plenty of time to think about these more important things in life..I'll be back if I have no luck tonight..I need to go see an electrician mate for a half inch of 20mm plastic conduit  :P

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 09:29:16 pm »
Doc, PVC conduit is measured on OD.

therefore 20mm pvc conduit has an OD of 20mm, by the looks of your pic you need 23mm OD!

i think pvc pipe may be measured by ID so maybe 3/4" PVC pipe may be the go?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Doc

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 07:26:56 am »
20mm OD on the barrel and what the heck are inches Hoony! :P this is my calibrated method of measuring inches

..actual barrel inlet ID is 16mm..huge stuff eh! will sus out more today but it appears the pvc tube conduit or whatever I can find will do the trick  :) 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:38:10 am by Doc »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 10:52:53 am »
It will Doc but!!!! use new pipe ,the old piece that has been sitting around in the shed for upteen years will be hard and very very brittle, will crack with the slightest pressure. Oh try orange electrical PVC conduiting ;) Cheers tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 01:26:40 pm »
 ;D yes Tim! I was going to use the orange conduit simply for the 'BLING' factor! It looks so much faster than the normal old off white stuff eh but it means I'd have to leave off the cover to show it off to an admiring public  :P a free afternoon awaits me so I'll hook into this task pronto..if this carb hadn't come along I was just about to have a go at making a hi-flo Skunk Racing ram manifold replica and whack on a real carby ;) was kinda looking forward to it.. :-\

late edit..obviously I was not thunking proper like when i said I'd need to leave the carb cover off to see the orange bling..I also need to leave the carb off too as it's behind everything...doh  ::) anyway the good news is it's all fixed. The poly pipe was too small but the flanged bit on the ends of the length where it joins was perfect  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:41:40 pm by Doc »