Author Topic: Charlie Richardson Injured  (Read 2498 times)

Ji Gantor

Charlie Richardson Injured
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:29:00 am »
Charlie Richardson of CR High Performance a store of quality CZ parts in the States was injured last weekend while racing at Sandhill.
The accident occurred in the second +50 expert race when he was stood up in an off camber turn.
Charlie received some broken ribs and some cracked lower vertebrae. He spent 2 days in intensive care.

I Hope you get well soon Charlie
God speed

Ji
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:45:05 am by Ji Gantor »

mx250

Re: Charlie Richardson Injured
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:06 am »
Nasty, unlucky. The old bods don't bounce like they use to ::). I hope it goes well for him. The vertebrae business don't sound good.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:35 pm »
also on the cweedy forum was the water truck almost rolled on the same corner and spilled a lot of water on the corner that cr hit the dirt.it was just before crs race.
cheers

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:20:23 pm »
sad to hear about charlie. hope your up and riding soon. i have been buying cz parts off this guy the past 2 years.great guy to deal with . always puts some thing xtra in the box.
last box had the brad lackey nor-cal classic flyer some stickers cards and a cz hat turned up once. get well soon.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 04:46:23 am »
The first 5 motos after the "Vintage-Am" halftime race, on Saturday, were not the events shining moment.  There were 4 bad wrecks in those 5 motos.  No problems before that point and nothing the rest of the weekend.  I think it was a combination of the track watering and watching how fast the "Vintage-Am" riders could go around the Sandhill track (they made 99% of us look slow).  Charlie is a nice fellow and I too hope he heals well and quickly!
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Ji Gantor

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 08:31:21 am »
I have just received an email from Charlie.

"Thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts.  I plan to be racing again soon"

That is the spirit Charlie.
Take your time and heal.
The track will be there when you get back.

Keep well
Ji

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 06:57:44 am »
This from one of our members who saw CR last week at home. Charlie has 4 broken ribs and 3 lower back vertebre fractures. Fortunately he was wearing a new extra-padded waist belt that may have helped the back from being much worse. So far he hasnt had any surgery, lets hope he heals up well without any future ramifications. He's a tough guy and if i know CR, he will be back on the track when recovered.

Keep Charlie in your prayers and well wishes.

EJ
from oldscoolcz forum
cheers
jim

Ji Gantor

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 03:30:37 pm »
Received an email from Charlie today and he tells me that he is well enough to start riding again soon.
This is great news.

Ji

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:31:55 pm »
Hi everyone.

I was there and everyone was very concerned for CR.  It's good to hear he's on the mend.  Here's a couple of photos...

Ji Gantor

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:16:30 am »
Hi AjayVMX,
Excellent images mate.
Charlie will be back soon at the head of the pack where he belongs.

Ji