Author Topic: THREADS !!!  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: THREADS !!!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:52 pm »
Silver threads and golden needling has pissed off friends of mine.... :(     apologies to Linda Ronstadt.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 10:53:44 pm »
... I could try a bit harder to keep on top of that side of things... I will admit I never expected OzVMX to be so successful ... Why this one took off - dunno. Maybe a happy confluence of things, eh?
Nah Graeme: you DO stay on top of things.
They say a good Referee (or Umpire to you Southerners) is one that isn't noticed.
By that I mean you let the game flow... you don't blow the whistle at every little tweak of 'the rules'.
You've stepped in and locked topics when necessary; most recently the truly unfortunate incident involving the nicest Suzuki Guru on the Planet, Doc.
I think one bloke was 'sent off' - Rubberneck wasn't it?

"Why this (forum) took off"..., well in my opinion it's the free flowing and conversational style of the forum, with respectful (for the most part...) banter.
Yep, it's all about dirt bikes - and the technical stuff and hints are gold, but the 'havin' a chat around the barbie' is what makes it a pleasant forum to be a part of.

We're not planning an air strike over Berlin - or co-ordinating an escape from Alcatraz!
Nobody's life is in the balance if we don't pay strict adherence to the topic.

When a 'bling' bike is posted in a thread, the next post will likely be a comment on that photo.
Who'd 'save' the photo and re-insert in it's own new thread just to comment on that??!
Or the leaky diff or the flared pants you wore in that photo next to the new Torana or.........

It's a forum, it's conversation, it's knowledge - and it should be friendly and fun AND informative.
It's how we chat until next we meet at the track or the next Classic Dirt.

You've had your opinion, and that's mine. I've no apologies for enjoying a chat with like minded people.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:56:34 pm by Wombat »
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 09:29:38 am »
My next name will be caroma - as in the makers of toilets, on account I take so much piss.

Caroma's are also full of shit.
Then there is  septic tank, that is chockers in shit. Which is also an old aussie reference to a 'yank'.
So you already have another name.

In my perfect world, there will be no famine, no guns , world peace and threads that stay on topic..... Hello!  Ain't gunna happen!

Evil Rudy

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 10:00:52 am »
Lets not mention the arguments about QLD not going on to daylight savings eh?

Most of also know that Queenslanders are just Tasmanians in wife beaters and thongs...

Maybe you can change yours to redneck_cousin_lover?

Up the Redcliffe Dolphins!

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 10:58:21 am »
Its mostly the mexicans from down south who want the daylight saving .it is legal to marry your cousin,even tho the kids could well be you know,however it is not legal to marry your sister( the young tasmanian lad was telling his family about his new girlfriend  that she was a virgin ,the Dad then stood up and said  if she`s not good enough for her family , she`s not good enough for ours.)nothing wrong with thongs and a jackie howe. dolphins bah go seagulls !!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 03:10:06 pm »
Hey Geoff,
Just so long as you are dressed!!! The alternative doesn't bear [bare??] thinking about, especially on those chilly Broadford mornings.
VMX42

I can't wait to be whinging about chilly Broadfrod mornings.
If your about to drop by during this heatwave 42, then to save you on therapy costs you should ring first, otherwise you never know what you might be greeted with :o
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 03:13:21 pm »
... and Geoff we all talk to ourselves, some just a little more than others.

Sorry to disappoint both Rudy's but I never gave either of you any thought in my first post, I was reffering to some others, still, if the hat fits....
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Evil Rudy

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 06:32:52 pm »
Geoff, your quote below.

"What seems to wind me up lately are the inane pointless posts that are popping up more frequently. Some people have registered all their multiple personalities & then proceed to have conversations with themselves & the gullible".

Is there another person with a couple sign ons taking the mick? Who is it, the four of us can play brigde.

If there isn't another inane pointless duo, then you last post makes no logical sense.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 07:09:10 pm »
sorry Rudy ,
plenty of people out there with split personalities.
Noel

Evil Rudy

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 07:41:59 pm »
Damn, I gues I'm just one of the sheeple (sheep + people).