Author Topic: Bultaco Museums in Spain?  (Read 2953 times)

MarkB

Bultaco Museums in Spain?
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:48:42 pm »
I'm off to Spain (Granada) for 2 weeks with work. Hopefully I will get a few days for a look around.
Any Bultaco "must see" places.
Found the Bassella Motorcycle Museum on the net, anyone been there?

Thanks
Mark

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Bultaco Museums in Spain?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:33 am »
Mark try these. Lozano Brothers collection in Madrid. Rafeal Lopez collection. Cheers Jerry PS if you find any Jim Pomeroy bikes please photo and put up here.

TooFastTim

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:51 pm »
Mark, if you have a facebook account look up Carlos Casas and Javier Cruz. Both are huge Bulto fans and collectors and they'll put in touch with the people that matter.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:34:53 pm »
Try Don Newells in Brisvas, more Bullys than you can shake a stick at, and alot closer to home :D :D
Seriously, Don will know where you should go.

MarkB

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:20:44 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
I've sent off an email to Lozano Brothers.
Will call Don tommorrow.
I'm not really up on the facebook thingie. Maybe I need to learn.

Mark Austin

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:11:15 pm »
Hi Mark,

I've spoken to this guy - Ramon, who is the president of the Bultaco SC Club in Barcelona before. Check out the site here: http://www.bultacosc.com
He's a very friendly guy and I'm sure will point you in the right direction. Here are his details:

Ramon Codina.
Bultaco Sport Clàssic.
Móvil 649.84.92.48.
[email protected]

Send him an email in Spanish - I just use google translate: http://translate.google.com/# - just type in what you want to say, and copy and paste it.
I normally get a reply from him in a couple of days.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Mark

TooFastTim

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 10:28:48 am »
Send him an email in Spanish - I just use google translate: http://translate.google.com/# - just type in what you want to say, and copy and paste it.

Oh, the horror, the horror! I hope it works better from English to Spanish than the other way around.

(Took me ages to figure theat "Toni Seine-fishing" was Toni Bou and "Josep Apple tree" was Josep Manzano)

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 11:23:52 pm »
You'll have to learn "Spanglish" thats what the early Bultaco manuals were written in, best as we could figure.

MarkB

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:25 pm »
Mark,
sent Ramon Cordina an email, he suggested Lozano Brothers in Madrid. (Seems I'll probably only have 2 free days in Madrid on the way over 30/4 &1/5).
Anyway I received an email back from Rafael Lozano, he gave me his phone # and told me to call him when I get to Madrid. (Well that's what the google translation said). 

"Hello; this when in Madrid call me to this telephone personal:xxx-xxxxxx. A greeting."

BTW how's that new Mk11 coming along. (mine is my favorite Bultaco - a real pleasure to ride).

Mark

Mark Austin

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »
Hey Mark,
Glad you managed to get in contact with them... I've just spent the last week with a bunch of guys from a big IT firm from Madrid - good guys they are.
The Mk 11 is coming along, I've got the frame painted, all the rusty stuff re-plated, ordered the engine bits, done some polishing, so with any luck it should be running by CD 8.
Cheers,
Mark