Author Topic: front guard mounts  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
front guard mounts
« on: February 02, 2009, 05:28:00 pm »
Just bought some off ebay seller motodad24 , really nice, kit cost USD $10, you get 8 sets of guard mounts, rubber grommets and bolts, all nice plated and ready to go.

Even the freight is reasonable, just painting my new MX250 guards now.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: front guard mounts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:28:13 pm »
Good to know .  does that kit do one guard ? as in the 8 go either side so 4 top 4 bottom ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:48:05 pm »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

mx250

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:29:12 pm »
Just bought some off ebay seller motodad24 , really nice, kit cost USD $10, you get 8 sets of guard mounts, rubber grommets and bolts, all nice plated and ready to go.

Even the freight is reasonable, just painting my new MX250 guards now.  ;D
Where did you get your guard from Marc? Is it New Old Stock or repro? I'm hanging out for Scott to get his act together ;) :) (and to get front and rear together ;)).

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:34:27 pm »
I'm hanging out for Scott to get his act together ;) :) (and to get front and rear together ;)).

What color do you want, I have new yellow pair sitting about spare. I bought them from DC plastics, there stuff has really got better and better, nice finish, color is lighter grey than stock, but they tell you that and the originals were painted anyway.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:50:14 pm »
I'm hanging out for Scott to get his act together ;) :) (and to get front and rear together ;)).

What color do you want, I have new yellow pair sitting about spare. I bought them from DC plastics, there stuff has really got better and better, nice finish, color is lighter grey than stock, but they tell you that and the originals were painted anyway.

Mine will be silver grey with yellow and black strip, and therefore will be sprayed. I will need f/r.

I understand DC quality standards and i won't bag him in a fit, but I have been disappointed.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:38:54 pm »
Hi Graeme,

due to wrong supply I have front and rear yellow ones still in the bag. I ordered another grey set as they had silver paint going over them and I decided that grey would paint over better.

Anyway I hahve them if you want them.

BR Marc
formerly Marc.com