Author Topic: Goulburn Bike Swap Meet  (Read 2020 times)

maicoman

Goulburn Bike Swap Meet
« on: January 18, 2009, 03:56:10 pm »
Just got back from the swap meet this morning and cleaned up. A pretty good turn out this year. Bought alot of PE stuff and a bit of Yammy stuff. There was a HL500 for sale aswell as a Cooper. Both were owned by the same guy. Had race number 7 on both bikes. Maybe someone knows who he is. There was a couple of really nice early XL's and XR's on offer, a trailer load of XR75's, MX80/125's and the usual brica brac. It's really nice when you find something unexpendant and it makes your day. Hope everyone else had a just as nice weekend. ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Goulburn Bike Swap Meet
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 04:00:45 pm »
Great stuff,thanks for the report..ya lucky to get those kind of events  8)
Hope the prices where not too high  ???
cheers
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:19:43 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

maicoman

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 05:35:22 pm »
Hey vmx247 if I told you what I payed you would literally fall over. Maybe just one tit bit 5X4 YZ125J piston,std in the box Genuine $10.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:42:25 pm »
Best turn out I`ve seen there for a couple of years, Found some bargain Husky bits and caught up with some of the ACT and Heaven VMX crew, good day out.
Couple of CR`s

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:30:22 am »
Seemed like everwhere you looked there was a skinny red bike with tiny 4 stroke donk in it going for a song (and a dance in some cases) - must be the year of the XR200.  And why not - a top fun bike which others have proven can be punted along very quickly in enduros, mx.....  I remember back in the day renting one of them at Hungry Creek, and (tried to) flog the guts out of it all day - then just took it back and walked away (that caper didn't last long - even XR's have their limits....).

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:26:06 pm »
Yeah, that XR with what looked like a KLX swingarm would have made a nice little play bike! Shoulda bought it... There were, what, 4 XR200s for sale? I haven't seen even one in years, and then there's four of them? Weird.