Author Topic: Making/repairing air filters  (Read 1833 times)

Making/repairing air filters
« on: January 08, 2009, 12:04:31 am »
I know people make there own so i need to know what glue to use when gluing together . My specific prob is that the foam is coming away from the rubber it is glued to on my cr125m type.
 So what my question is what glue??

Maico31

Re: Making/repairing air filters
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:09:35 am »
Let me know when you find out. I've got a few Uni filters that fell apart from washing in petrol.. since changed to turps.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:18:27 am »
I use a spray can of foam hobby glue from "Spotlight" yep that dark horrible clothing and....hand crafts.... shop the fems mostly frequent. Works well and seems too resist petrol vapours too. Make sure you leave the can in the sun to warm up and a light spray on both of the faces. Warning usually an instant bond so line things up carefully and have tongue hanging out of your face at correct angle ;) Warning two, Avoid sniffing the warm fine glue it can have very crawling pink spiders type nasty effects. Cheers Tim
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:20:20 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 07:40:03 pm »
Ados F2 it helped keep the old furry yammie air filters together and if you can get it in a spray can even better.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:41:15 pm »
Aeroflex    closed cell bond ,     (black compound in a blue tin ) thin film on each part allow to dry, then press together .....   sticks like shit to a blanket .  Be warned DO NOT get any on your fingers other wise they will be bonded also  ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 09:48:52 pm »
So where do you get the ones you two are talking about?

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:25 pm »
Reece or Tradelink       for  Aeroflex