Author Topic: Advise sought on US shipping (again)  (Read 1037 times)

Advise sought on US shipping (again)
« on: January 06, 2009, 06:14:29 pm »
i got a spanking new FMF Fatty pipe over with Buddy Johnson awaiting shipping, but need to tell him what to do re the below????

I have ran into a problem..the U.S. Postal Service did away with Surface Shipping and now only offer Priority Air Mail..and the problem is they decreased the Girth size from 108" to 79" and the pipe in the smallest box the pipe will fit into is 96"..the guy at the Posy Office said I could ship it Global Express as it still has the 108" Girth measurement..the only problem with that is the cost!!!! $385.00..I don't what to do??? email me back and let me know if you have any idea..Thanks, Buddy

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Advise sought on US shipping (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:22:12 pm »
Get the guy to wrap it in cardboard, as in a non rectangular shape, I call it "Creative Packaging" they can then only calculate the shipping according to its weight. ;)

Also, this mob is a good option if all else fails :-\

http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/aff/landing.cgi?myuskd=&id=60002&gclid=CMXQ3t-0-ZcCFRlRagodkEOCDA
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:26:09 pm by E74 »

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:32:39 pm »
A couple of years ego I bought a circle-F pipe from the US, they had to cut the pipe to send it by air.  It came quickly, and as it was cut on one of the original seams, was easy to reweld, saved a fortune in postage.

Maico31

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:12:54 pm »
I've bought several pipes from the US and the last one i got had to be cut in half at one of the welds because it was too big to ship here by USPS. Previously the DG pipes i got from Dirt Overstock were never a problem to ship.