Author Topic: Kramer Maico  (Read 3095 times)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Kramer Maico
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:30:37 pm »
A recent reply in a maico topic by Lozza jogged my memory and as it so happened I was surfing the net last nite and looking for info on a bike i do desire,the Kramer which later became the Kram-IT . The IT  for italy was added after the company was sold  and they started using Villa powerplants i think.

Anyways I digress. I found a web page on The Kramer Maico  made by Tuner Mr. Adolph Kramer.
  Its a twinshock monoshock  for the best description I can put into words
 The bike is based on the 250 (stuffed if I know why either). . perhaps they also  modded the 440 as they im lead to believe share the same frame and just about everything else. .if they didnt mod the 440 they should have.

Info on the Kramer bikes is far and few between as it is with all rare and obscure classics . I wonder if any of the Maico officcianados can shed some  light on this marvelous bit of machinery.. and why the hell did maico go with its own disasterous monoshock effort when this was there and worked ?

Full storypn the Kramer Maico here by Vic Krause
http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=304480

firko

Re: Kramer Maico
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:25:14 pm »

Jack Pengally has a Kramer like the one above in Melbourne. No, he won't part with it. I tried to wangle it out of him years ago.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:15:34 am »
Thats the beasty Firko. I notice Jack has his shocks "upside down" with the seals in the path of all the crud the the rear wheel can throw at it.

nice bit of engineering work that bike

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:03:49 am »
 i will ask him in  a min  if hes still got it  im going there