Author Topic: gt80 front fender :)  (Read 897 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
gt80 front fender :)
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »
gt80 front fender i got off ebay does any one have the mudflap for it and good forks or just good fork tubes. Thanks Michael :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

kristan

Re: gt80 front fender :)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:59:55 pm »
can you remember what you searched for when you was looking for the fender? did you get it from the us, all i seem to find is the high mounted one!
cheers
Kris

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: gt80 front fender :)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:12:44 pm »
Gday again Kristan a guy on ebay in NSW had two and i bought one first sold for around $330 and i got mine for about $115 mine had a few little minor scratches search gt80 and gt 80 i dont know if they got high mounted fenders in the US so talk to Phil of yamrarespares on ebay.com.au because he has all part numbers and may know where to find another i was talking to a guy in the US of independent cycle and he only had high mounted fenders i was going to get another couple to help others out because i know how hard they are to get the struts are a bit flimsy and i know the original owner of the gt80 i have and he was telling me of how he was riding in thick mud and because there is bugger all clearance from fender and tire and the front of the fender has a lip it got stuck and he went over the bars and he got pretty mad and set to the fender with some tin snips and got rid of the struts i bet he regrets doing that now but i will keep my eyes out for you i was thinking about your gt50 when I was talking to a guy in the US trying to get more fenders let me know what your after i might come across some stuff im 16 and parts are burning a bit of a hole in my pocket but they are a very sought after and valuable bike so i dont have a problem spending a bit big on parts even though this gt80 wont ever be sold you need to right a list of every thing you need and try to buy the lot off one person in the US to save big on postage i only need a seat, indicators and horn to have mine complete i search all the time on ebay us as i said get in contact with Phil and he can give part numbers and good advice if i see a high mounted fender i will let you know thanks again Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's