Author Topic: G'day from a newbie  (Read 994 times)

number 87

G'day from a newbie
« on: January 04, 2009, 11:18:01 am »
G'day from number 87, I have finally got around to joining all you damn fine people that live within this pc I'm starring at.
Like everyone else here I'm an old motorcycle junkie .... raced (read crashed and wobbled) around most of the speedway and roadrace tracks along with a bit of short circuit until the early 90's when I traded my lifestyle for the dreaded mortgage.Then about 4 years ago got myself a fairly tidy old yz250, had a couple of rides here and there. Went to Canberra for the Nationals last September and had an absolute screaming ball, bumped people I havent seen in 20 years, drank about six thousand too many beers and got well beaten by the water truck! (not kidding about the water truck).
Anyway, planning to do as much dirt track as I can in the coming year....so till then keep the rubber end down
Cheers, and a beaut New Year to all.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: G'day from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 11:38:41 am »
g,day No 87 canberra was a blast! look forward to seeing you at nepean this year specially, being nepean raceways 50th birthday! i'm hoping to see more come-back kids from the 60s and even the fifties! i,d love to see some of the good old specials like 3t frame fitted with jap 500,old 500 ajays,arials etc here's hoping! maybe even a couple of old payne framed B31s in fairfield club colours! .maybe we should get an old bus body with no floor in it for a change room to help get us back to the era! cheers and welcome.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!