Author Topic: Holy Toledo  (Read 1645 times)

mx250

Holy Toledo
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:06:52 am »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320325806318&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Who wants to go 'Dirt Bucket' racing with old clunkers when there are brand new $2000 water cooled MX'ers from China.

Can you imagine a 'single make' amature race series based on these ??? ;D.

mx250

Re: Holy Toledo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:09:53 am »
Do ya love the Chinese English - sticker "Take care of Stand". What are ya suppose to take it to bed with ya ;D.

TooFastTim

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:40:38 am »
Can you imagine a 'single make' amature race series based on these ??? ;D.

Would be a 3 lapper. Any bike that crosses the line intact is the winner.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:43:30 am »
they are peices of rubbish they break all the time i know people who have had them they would be lucky to do 3 laps. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

TooFastTim

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:48:20 am »
OK, single lapper then  ;D

211kawasaki

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 03:39:37 pm »
Whats going to happen when they get it right and copy say a KX250F for 2 grand, eventualy they will just like the Japs did in the late 60s. I remember the old saying "cheap Jap junk" not any more.

TooFastTim

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 03:45:10 pm »
Got to agree there too. Chinese problem is the alloys. Presently they don't have a clue, but they'll get there.

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:26:23 pm »
Is it my eyes or what ... front fork angle loooks wrong
Flip side is in 5 years they will be kicking arse

maicopunk

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »
That could provide some exciting racing. Just think, you would have to introduce pit stops to weld the frame back together every 10 laps or so.

The front end certainly looks wierd. Is that an ignition key in front of the fuel cap?

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 10:47:34 pm »
if your looking at getting one with electric ignition dont count on it working more than once i know several people who have them. and you have basically have to rebuild the bike for something better thats if there motor holds out your better to by a rat of a vintage bike they have shown the test of time and are 100 times more reliable :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 11:13:30 pm »
Couldn't give a shit; plug ugly and designed to be replaced/turned over quickly - like all moderns.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

firko

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 11:29:34 pm »
I've said it before but we've got a Chinese 150cc quad and it can't be killed no matter how badly it's abused. The rims were a little soft and bent easily and the ignition shit itself once. It was replaced for $30 and the rims can be had for a similar price complete with tyres! Sure they're crap but they're cheap and really aren't as bad as the "I know a bloke who's got one" doomsday merchants will tell you.
I've been around long enough to remember when Japanese bikes (and cars) were shoddy pieces of shit. Look at 'em now. A good example is in Suzuki who couldn't produce a motocross bike worth diddly shit until they stole Eric Cheneys frame design and hired Swedish rider/engineer Olle Petterson to develop the motocross racebikes. One year later they were winning GPs. I've read that a number of Chinese manufaturers have been hiring American, Swedish and Japanese engineers and consultants so you can bet that it's now only a matter of time.
Remember also how we all laughed at those tinny little Korean cars? Have a look at the good honest products Hyundai make now and check out their market share. Once the Chinese get their small details together they'll follow suit.

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 08:47:48 am »
Firko ... well said I'm with you on this  ;D tis only a matter of time, and then watch out .
Local kids hammer the shit out of thiers and they are still going strong  ::) they run all BLOODY weekend and look a little worse for wear but still keep going.