Author Topic: In case someone's looking  (Read 3083 times)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: In case someone's looking
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:24:01 pm »
Man thats a trip out it looks nothing like an 04. maybe its the swing arm sticker ?

HOw punished was it ? and why the rebuild build or was it just crank etc no box work ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 08:11:37 am »
Freaky,
The box went south in a big way, so while it was open I fitted a new Hot Rods crank......and a million other bits.
Like the colour scheme ?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:41:34 pm »
Im not sure, like i like but when i look at it , it reminds me of my 96 YZ ( although that was a purple frame)  then again it looks like a 600 tener'e. im not sure. i like it but it still has my head spinning.  IM on the hunt ATM for a replacemtn to my 02KTM and have been looking at 07 yz 250 ( i dont like the4 strokes) but yours loks like a good buy at $3K, but now your telling me it had some 'go south ' experiences im not sure i need a hand grenade. 

We had a 07 450F down here that Tux forgot to put the oil back in, after he changed it before a ride, then did 3 laps of the track till he remebered when he heard steam like noises, since sold it, just in case.  eeek...
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 02:56:47 pm »
Oh Freaky,

The bike is not a "hand grenade" the problems with the gearbox are FIXED and them some.
 Other major engine components where replaced because the opportunity arose not due to a fault with them.
The bike as you see it know has had about 16 laps of a MX track nothing else, and maintained as it should be then I would assume mabny more years can be had from it.
The reason I am selling it,is that I race moderns as well so the need for a vintage bike and a modern is called for, but now that QVMX has a pre '90 class, I would be happy racing the same bikes at the two different meetings. Two for the price of one if you like.
I am not selling it to pass on a "Hand Grenade"....i'm not into that shit.
Read the words, don't just look at the pictures.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20:34 pm »
mmm, bit hard to see but it looks like earlier than 01 as it seems to not have an aluminium rear subframe which came out in 02 and then the whole aluminium frame followed in 05
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:26 pm »
The subframe is alloy, just powdercoated with the frame, the '01/'02 models had a different airbox/side plate set up and different rad shrouds, here is what it looked like from the factory.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/2004_2_yz250blu.jpg

And here's an '01
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1315955/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:46:59 pm by evo550 »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:50:44 am »
how did we get onto 01 anyway i though it was an 04 ?  your right the painted sub frame i think it the bit that trows ya.

Question how come you want 87-88 models dont the 89 model qaulify for pre 90 ? whats the go with the rules there, or do you just like certian models
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:55:51 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:57:49 am »
"oldyzman" post said it looked like a '01

Why the particular year ? I guess some I like the look of and some are a better bike than what the manufacturer produced a year or two later.ie IMO the '87 cr250 was a better bike than the '88/'89 Honda effort.
Don't know what the rules are yet I'm guessing built before dec '89 is a good place to start.

Ya gunna grab a bargain or what???

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
Evo, under $3k im a player.     Just the more i look the cheaper they seem to be getting. :-\

i looked at an 07 the other day for $4900 (60 hours on it) which has broken my previous rule of thumb that states year - less one = equals price till you hit 02,  ( 01 have bottomed at $2K) and they stack up from there
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:06:20 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 10:19:33 pm »
Yep Maybe u r right about the rear sub being painted sorry mate...love the classic colours
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...