Author Topic: twin cable front brake leaver wanted  (Read 1102 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
twin cable front brake leaver wanted
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:19:17 pm »
need a front brake leaver that has 2 cables going into it.like 450 drum brake ducati.i want to try this on my dirttrack bike at the moment my back brake is opperated from the handlebar were the front brake should be.i am building a new front end for my hagon and still want to have the back brake on the handlebars it works great.thought i would give a little more braking adding the front as well.
cheers
jimg

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: twin cable front brake leaver wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:24:47 pm »
Very early Suzuki GT750's ran a twin cable front brake. Might be easier to find than a Ducati part.  :)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:53:28 pm »
The Suzuki one is available new at dealers ;) Bought one four weeks ago for someone else.  Cheers tim  They do pop up on Ebay often too .
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

mx250

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:59:30 pm »
There's two types Jim. The suzuki type has two cables lead to the lever itself with the lever having a pivoted balance bar with the cables attached. The second type has a normal lever with one cable leading from it to an intermediate pivoted balance bar with two cable leading from it. I don't think it would too much engineering to fabricate this style.

Failing that, if you want to buy 'off the shelf' there are one or two Italian manufacturers of double sided front brakes that advertise in the Classic Race magazines. You probably find sites on the net as well. I'm sure they would sell the levers and perchs seperately.