Author Topic: Maico jigsaw  (Read 2500 times)

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Maico jigsaw
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »
I just aquired a 85 maico 250 watercooled . It is in Jigsaw form(lots of boxes no instructions) I have so far sucessfully put the motor together ,What I was wondering was .does anyone out there have one of these bikes going and what is it like to ride etc. ??? Why I want to know is  the nice ohlins and alloy rear end looks like it will go into my 490 alpha 1 and the front forks brakes etc will bolt in .making my alpha 1 a good pre 86 (nz) bike?
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Maico jigsaw
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:54:53 pm »
There was one of these in Proserpine a couple of years ago racing  with the vetrans on moden bikes. He came in about 8th in a field of 32 bikes.I think the only thing letting the bike down was the rider. 8) If you decide that your not going to rebuild it, I'm looking for plastics,seat,muffler and right hand radiator for one, :) Darcy#674
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 11:03:20 pm »
Just picked one up last week, 85  250 enduro, only had time for a short ride but seems really sweet :) happy to help if you need a hand with the puzzle.
Couple of CR`s

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:40:25 pm »
Thanks Snowey , i need to know how the radiator and pump hoses go . There are two holes each radiator ,2 on pump one on back of barrel and one in top of head , Ive got everything sorted for it now so it is getting rebuild ,plus I sold my alpha 1 at the weekend.The biggest hassle with it so far has been building a pipe . I have managed to nicely fit a RM 250 D one to it.
Help with that plumbing would be great
Cheers
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 06:58:19 pm »
Thanks Mike , awsome pictures, puzzle solved ;D
Cheers
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

DR Fan

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 09:17:06 am »
John pretty sure Darrell Poulson in Christchurch has one, he may be able to help, saw it raced at final of south series, went pretty good.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 05:43:06 pm »
I think DP has a 500 one ,I believe they are very fast
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT