Author Topic: South East QLD Storms  (Read 5041 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: South East QLD Storms
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:39:29 am »
Busier than a council pump in the inner city bypass

Offline Bruised

• C-Grade
  • Brisbane (& Mackay) Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 09:44:59 pm »
My place is smack in the middle of the Gap (where the storm had its fun last Sunday)

We only got our power back on Thursday arvo.
The whole street has been trashed. 

The good lady always has a crack at me about the amount of toys I have.  Let me tell you that has all changed.
When I cranked the generator and fired the 90 cc husky chain saw into the wee hours of Monday morning - she started to see the benefits.

There is something enjoyable about the smell of two stroke chain saw yodeling it's guts out at midnight.
Sawdust, smoke and timber falling everywhere (no skin lost). 

Its a shame my garage is now a swimming pool.

Bruised

The Romans didn’t build a great empire by organising meetings.  They did it by killing anybody who got in their way.

All people are your relatives; therefore expect only trouble from them

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 11:27:51 pm »
Not good B, Take care mate.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 03:37:10 pm »
Weather Bureau says 'a bad storm' will hit Brisbane tonight... shit, what were the first few?
I work on the northside of Brisbane (in a shopping centre) and I was there when the storm hit on Sunday.
I could hear the rain and the wind but thought it was just another big storm - I had no idea of the devastation until I watched the news the following morning.
Our only damage was roof leaks; the gutters couldn't handle the volume of water and it tipped into the roof space.

Both Aspley (north) and Brookside (west) shopping centres were hammered mercilessly and they're only a few klicks from me.
Just like the The Gap; it got smashed but suburbs around it got off much lighter.
No way to predict storms or where they'll hit and what damage they'll do! 

I'd describe our Plumber as: 'busier than a one legged man in an arse-kickin' contest'. ;)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:43:15 pm by Wombat »
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"