Author Topic: kick starter 495  (Read 5812 times)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
kick starter 495
« on: August 26, 2007, 05:13:52 pm »
Anyone got the lower section that bolts onto the splines of the 495 kicksarter they wanna sell?? and a gas cap....Just got my hunk o junk in from las vegas this weekend but have found that someone must have had a big off on the left side as the kick starter is bent so its near impossible to kick start it. I am concerned to try and re bend the bottom section in case it breaks or gets soft etc. missing gas cap too, ,,,so anyone who may help will be appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:19:46 pm by TonyB »
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: kick starter 495
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:09:29 pm »
hey tony  can you post a pic off it  the bike and was it worth while 

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:15:37 pm »
Yes I recon it was, the shipping and taxes were as much as the bike, (total $1100 Au FOR bike 1250 for shipping) but shipping through Roly Healy was as easy as pie. Just take or have someone take the bike to their place in Long Beach Calif and 6 - 7 weeks later it pops up in Brissie. But if someone knows of where I can get that gas cap and kicker peice I would be gratefull.PS the cap in the photo was a clark unit jammed over the threads..it is totally different ( it came with the bike)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:18:06 pm by TonyB »
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 07:20:42 pm »
as a roller no crate and title or not 

oz555ktm

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:27:08 pm »
Yea Tony mite have a fuel cap.

the kick starter go to good old eive-bay U.S.A and pay $50. to $75 us for one .

In the pic you bike has a fuel cap ??????

You bike looks good for the cost of $2350.00 Aus but dose it go .

Do you need work shop and parts books .

if i can help just let me know .

Dennis

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 08:03:16 pm »
thanks Dennis, I will take you up on the gas cap[hopefully with the gasket] just let me know how much I owe you. The cap in pic. is a clarke unit which was jammed over the threads, it's completely wrong for the tank.  :)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 02:13:35 pm »
Well got the kick start lever bent straight with some heat and pursuasion. But how the hell do you kick this muther, the friggin kicker is all of 250mm long and the compression is rediculous. I could not start it with a boot. I weigh 233lbs and have no probs kicking the shit outa my yammie 465, but this terror is different. I eventually rounded up the kids in the neigborhood and they pushed and pushed and i only managed once to bump it off in 3rd, and the engine burst into life. The clutch is slipping to buggery but this thing is gonna scare me, this engine feels like it just wants to go, its certainly feels like its gonna have balls. I had a look at the clutch lever adjustment on the engine and i think it was not correct , so i might try it again this arvo, if i can get it started...
One other thing (maybe you can help Dennis) is that the rear end seems very low, almost like its got an enduro shock in it?? the specs say 330mm travel at rear but the max space under the mudguard to tyre is only just 290mm?? Spring part number seems to tie up witrh the mx version, shock is  (wp).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:07:32 pm by TonyB »

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:01:20 pm »
Tony,
Is it an '83, if so I have a test already scaned and waiting delivery.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 08:42:06 am »
Hi Brendon, yes its the 83 model with safety seat (which i can't find a cover for), can you email a copy to me, it would be much appreciated. my email adress is on QVMX website.. Thanks, and when the hell are we gonna see you back on the track?? ::)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 07:42:32 pm »
Tony,
It's in paper form, pm me your address and I'll get it in the post.

Do you have enough officials for Coles creek?

Dennis,
Are you still selling the 504 or what?????

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 07:03:59 am »
Brendon, no I hav'nt started looking at officials yet, but I know we are going to need them. Are you keen? have you got your level 2 yet?? if not no need to worry, we will need Clerk or the courses again.(level 1) I may hire a Steward again, if we cant get one from within the club. I will pm you my address thanks for that, I owe you one... ;)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 08:51:34 pm »
Tony,
I have tried to p.m. you re the officials, don't know if it worked or not, any probs 0401519655 works well.