Author Topic: greeves hawkstone  (Read 2047 times)

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
greeves hawkstone
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:21:59 pm »
Im just about to finish my 61 hawkstone. 6e motor , anything I should know before starting it up . I have checked timing and had top end off ( its all good ,polished ported the works) It has all gears. it has a Amal carb fitted to it . Iam asking because I have always had jappas which you just kick and kick until they go. This old girl is pre me so knowlage is a bit thin. any help appreaciated. ( its a very pretty bike)
Cheers
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

mx250

Re: greeves hawkstone
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 05:44:08 pm »
( its a very pretty bike)

Call me a doubting Thomas but we wo'nt believe you until you show us ;) :D.

As to your other issue I haven't got any experience other than suggest kick slowly then kick like you hate it  ;D. Then when all else fails a quick sqirt of 'Start Ya Bastard' should do  the trick - works on me Victa 8).

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 06:09:43 pm »
Tickle it like buggery, kick like crazy, but keep the bike vertical.  Be careful not to lean it away from the float bowl or it'll flood.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 08:07:06 pm »
Mike is that info for the Greeves...or women in general................. 8)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 06:55:07 am »
Thanks Mike , Graeme, Pretty is in the eye of the beholder , Ive had mates with some very ugly "pretty" in my time ,usally next day!!  ;D ;)
Will try to start (and post pics) after our Taupo meeting ,Im trying to get My cooper clutch to stop slipping >:( >:( before Saturday ,so had to put Greeves on back burner .
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT