Author Topic: Yes another VMX Tragic, looking to connect with other VMXers.  (Read 2285 times)

Neil 025

Yes another VMX Tragic, looking to connect with other VMXers.
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:04 pm »
Hello, my name is Neil and I come from, unfortunately, Canberra. I raced junior Motocross at a track that some people will know as Karmaguttza. It was a fantastic old school motocross track on the side of a hill. I still have scars to prove how visious this track could be. Most of all though I remember having heaps of fun on my XR 75 (K3) and my YZ 80 B, C, and D. I also had an RM 100 for a while there.

Hello to anybody who reads this. I am looking forward to getting to some races next year with my XR 75, which will hopefully be ready to ride by then.

Cheers!

Neil

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Yes another VMX Tragic, looking to connect with other VMXers.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:38:08 pm »
Cool,welcome aboard.
Hope you find a class for your XR75,we do need more smaller bikes to join the vmx scene,weather your racing or not.
cheers from West Oz.
Best is in the West !!

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:43:20 pm »
 what you mean unfortunately canberra?????
 nothing wrong with canberra, infact, rode my modern mxer around Kumagutsa last sunday!!

Neil 025

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:18:16 pm »
VMX 247, I hope I find a class too. I am told there is a class available in Vipers? Does that sound right?

Neil 025

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 09:23:33 pm »
HELLO ELSIE 125. I'M SORRY, I LOVE THE TRACK AND I HAD A LOT OF GOOD TIMES GROWING UP IN CANBERRA. I LEFT WHEN I WAS 16 WHEN MY PARENTS MOVED TO SYDNEY AND REALLY THE MEMORIES OF THAT PART AREN'T GREAT BUT I LOVED THE RACING THERE AND I WOULDN'T SWAP IT FOR ANTHING. I'M WRAPPED THAT IT IS STILL THERE AND THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE STILL ENJOYING IT.

CHEERS NEIL    (SORRY - LEFT THE CAPS ON)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:46:59 pm »
Neil,
I pretty sure Viper have a website ,if not there is contacts in here somewhere, also on the actual OZVMX calender page.
cheers WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
  • 250H 125D it490 looking for pre75bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 07:10:26 pm »

Giday NEIL 025
Try HEAVEN VMX Raced 2 times in Canberra this year
Great club with a top people  ;D

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 07:32:26 pm »
Hi fellow tragics my name is Steve, prefer Piney ! currently own a few VMX machines used to race dirt track ( short circuit ) back in the day was never much of an MX er but still enjoy collecting and restoring and riding. Bit of a fan of the green (BIKES) Also own a few other flavours as well.lookin forward to hearin from other tragics ... cheers Piney

Offline HL400

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 07:06:32 pm »
Welcome Neil, and welcome back, and that track is hard as hell as I feell of there in a race in the mid 70;s

H

Neil 025

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 08:49:39 pm »
Hi HL 400. What is your name? I can still feel the dirt inbedded in my shins after coming off for the 100th time at that track. "hard as hell" is so right. My son - who races A grade senior MX reckons I am a woos. But, anyone who rode bikes in the 70's and 80's will testify to how hard it was on natural terrain MX tracks with the old bikes. I reckon MX riders these days are so spoilt and safe in comparrison. But, of course I am not beleived just like I found it hard to believe stories from my father about riding around Australia on an old Indian 950.

Cheers.  Neil