Author Topic: Iveco trucks  (Read 2807 times)

ted

Iveco trucks
« on: October 09, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »
Off topic...sorry

Anyone own or drive a Iveco? What do you think of them?

I`m selling the Isuzu and considering a 45C18 IVECO......180 hp intercooled turbo two tonner

I walk into Isuzu today ( 8:30 am ) and say i`m here to trade my 01 Isuzu in on a 08 model and the salesman says " It will take me all day today and all day tomorrow to work out the changeover price.. I`ll call you tomorrow arvo " Well slick i hope you are reading this because you can stick your FU..ing Isuzu fair up your arse.
I will take my $ 50,000 somewhere else.

But then what did i expect from this dealer...at the 20,000 klm service on my truck he says front brakes are worn out, give me approx $1,000 to fix.I take it to an independent workshop and he gives me a report stating 10% wear only. I hand report to Isuzu Aust. with a few choice words and said dealer principal rings that day begging forgiveness and grovelling like you wouldn`t believe....F..K  isuzu

BTW : I replaced front brake shoes at 160,000 klms and the rears have 205,000 klms on them

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Iveco trucks
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
Ted,

Sounds like Isuzu suck ass.  The Iveco is looking good.  Have you played around with their service department to make sure they are not wankers too ??  Do you really need to sell the old girl ?? Just take it somewhere else.

Cheers
T.J.B.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »
got a 93 isuzu just a work vechicle just hit 400 thousand and did 2nd set of fron pads but your right the dealers for isuzu are all total wankers it must be a thing with isuzu trucks
MUGEN power

ted

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »
Yep its going....im sick of sitting on top of the wheels... the Iveco drives just like a big ute

40,000 klms service intervals and fixed price servicing

The Isuzu`s ( japs ) are good trucks....just no styling or creature comforts compared to the euro`s....just like their bikes i guess. Oh f..k did i just say that. Have to go and hug the Yammy now.

I agree caps....isuzu dealers are F..kwits

Offline buckets

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
If its a new truck do you understand the engine technology to meet the emissions stds?
Do they talk about EGR or SCR or anything like that?

All brand have issues with workshops, what it comes down to is if the truck you have is reliable..

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
ted i did  som e work at the iveco assembly factory in dandenong ,  a few weeks ago and  had a wander through the assembly line  .certainly busy  and the maintence foreman said some thing like iveco is a italian company
one thing i did notice that the chassie paint was a bit ordinary on the new  trucks that were out in the weather and rusty  spot were showing through  when i said some thing he just mumbled something he did nt answer
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:52:30 AM by paul »

YSS

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 10:15:48 AM »
Yes rust prevention was never a strong point with the Ivecos, but the rest is no trouble. . I hade a Turbo Dayly  , that thing went like a dream for long time until we sold it . Fully loaded still doing 150 km on the Autobahn redlining . ( slightly downhill  ;D)

Offline buckets

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
There is talk of Iveco going down the tube.. well packing up and becoming an importor, but I think they import
the medium and light range today so that shouldnt make any difference..

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
Go the merc Spinta !  gold :OP
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

ted

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
It is now 6:45pm Friday and still no quote from Isuzu dealer.....On Monday i will take my Iveco contract to him and let his boss have a look. If he doesn`t give a toss i will ring old mate at Isuzu AUST again and ask if he likes losing sales.

Buckets...Whats your point?   Engine tech,EGR,SCR...i`m just replacing a truck...an old reliable truck yes but a F..King uncomfortable,slow truck. Iveco going broke ( isn`t that just what you wanna hear, the good old aussie way of riding a non mainstream ( in little old OZ anyway ) foreign product into the ground ...i may be wrong but isn`t everything we buy here foreign ) like Husky,Cagiva,MV Augusta and Maico huh.
I don`t know anyone who wouldn`t give their left nut for any one of them. While the Iveco may not be a classic like them rides it is priced right, it is available and it will out perform any jap 2 tonner you care to mention. If you like i will take the suspension seat out of the Isuzu and fit the standard seat back in and let you drive it. If you can make 100k`s on a back road without driving your spine thru your brain you are a far better man than me.
I dont know who owns Iveco, dont care either. Mercedes owns Fuso ( mitsubishi trucks ) GM own Isuzu Toyota own Hino Paul ( just about ) owns Maico and so on
A coat of fish oil every now and again should help the chassis Paul
YSS...You are on the money about how they go....160 kph in a cab chassis ( no body ) yesterday and still going....unbelievable performance from this type of vehicle
Didn`t look at Merc.....i think maybe too dear anyway

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
  Thanks to Wikipedia       This tells a story                    January 30, 2008 - Isuzu announces complete withdrawal from the US market[2], effective January 31, 2009. It will continue to provide support and parts. The decision was mainly affected by both slowing sales, and GM's decision to replace the GMC Canyon/Chevrolet Colorado and the Chevrolet Trailblazer with newer models that would not be able to be rebadged and sold as Isuzus. Isuzu had been experiencing a slow decline since the late 1990s. In less than 10 years, they had gone from selling a complete line of cars, trucks, and SUVs, into being a specialized SUV maker, and finally selling only a pair of rebadged, General Motors Trucks. [3] They will continue to sell commercial vehicles in the U.S.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
Ted
I did a simular thing to what you are contemplating about 50,000k's ago.
I went from a Hino tipper to a Ford transit and it's a fairly simple trade off. The Jap trucks are rough as guts, drive like trucks but you can't kill them with a stick.
The European trucks drive like cars have all the mod cons, but are FAR, FAR less durable, If you don't like spending time argueing with the dealer about what should be covered under warranty and what shouldn't avoid the european.
If you don't like driving a truck avoid the japs.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
Hey noticed Izusu in Aust. Has taken back their Rodeo name from GM Holden as they have split. GMH now sells those things as Colorados or some other bull.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

ted

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
Well an Iveco it is........Take delivery Friday week....Sat driving it to Perth ( to work ) as you do

Old mate finally got back to me from Isuzu....20% dearer    sorry fella