Author Topic: rm ebay  (Read 2260 times)

Doc

Re: rm ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:19:34 pm »
 ;D I'm the high bidder!! alas not for long :D the guy reckons it obvious the motor isn't the correct engine ::) it is indeed the correct engine and complete with rare mag cover If it's good this item alone would fetch over the $100. Frames been rather butchered but there's plenty of good spares left for someone ;) wish I could simply find something like this in a shed and make a ridiculous offer and walk away with it..one day it'll happen ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:21:48 pm by Doc »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 02:26:13 pm »
you wont know if you dont ask him ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:35:38 pm by paul »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 04:32:22 pm »
good luck on it doc ! you never know it may be your day.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

mx250

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »
same seller
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-TS-250_W0QQitemZ270285714543QQihZ017QQcategoryZ102690QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Geeee, you would think he would give the poor thing a bit of a tubs wouldn't you.

Talk about 'a pig in a poke' ::).

(Nice resto opportunity for some one ;))

Doc

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:54:20 pm »
 :D I didn't bid seriously as the dang things are way down in Newcastle. Granted they could be a heck of a lot further away but too much trouble for this black duck these days. My old bike obsession has sent me bankrupt over the past couple of years so unless I win it for $2.50 it's not for me ::)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 01:55:54 am »
I do detest the new ebay ruling of hiding bidder names.  You could be bidding against a mate for the same item  both pushing the sellers price higher costing your mate  sometimes more than the actual real price for the item.
 I was well beaten last weekend on a bike and good luck to the winner as im sure he paid more than the actual worth of the bike.
 My beef i guess is mates dont bid against mates and if i see a nick i recognise  i dont bid as they got in first  or i talk to them and discuss what i think its worth and go from there.
 making your mate pay more than he/she needs to for an iitem is just stupid unless your a seller

Doc

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 07:35:45 am »
Pokey I feel pretty strongly about that also. It's getting to the point I've been bidding against people I know both here and abroad and it's doing no-one any favors at all. It paves the way for unscroupulous sellers to keep jacking up prices using another name and no-one would know. Hence as of last night I'm no longer be an ebay member as soon as the current auction I've bid on finishes. Surprising thing is, I actually feel pretty good about it cause it had become a bit of an illness for me ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:37:30 am by Doc »

Quicksilver

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 10:15:26 am »
Yeah hidden bidders is a double edge sword for me as I buy and sell. As a bidder I hate not knowing who im competing against when bidding but as a seller I like it because of the very reason of mates not bidding against each other resulting in a lower sale price. As for bid shilling... Not possible any longer. I have few ebay id's as most of you know. If I bid on my item " bang " im gone. First offence 30 day suspension of all my accounts. Twice your gone forever. The problem is with mates propping up each others auctions. This I have seen done many times. However they do get caught eventually.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 11:43:58 pm »
Can Understand eVilbay looking after its listers  but I mean what about the buyers? Surely there are more potential buyers than actual sellers whom peruse the listings so why not make it easier for those to get a bargain and isnt that why we all started using that website... To get a bone fide bargain?

Perhaps Docs got the right idea and  taking a well deserved break from that website till atleast they get their collective  arses sorted so ALL users are looked after equally...
I didnt see much wrong with the original formula. I guess money is the root of all eVil.

Quicksilver

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 08:16:02 am »
Pokey.

Buyers are better protected then sellers by far. I think the real reason ebay has hidden bidders has got nothing to do us ( buyers or sellers ) its to do with there bottom line. They were missing out on their cut by members contacting members and selling outside ebay. I have purchased quite a few items by a members contacting me while I was bidding on the same type of item. Ebay will tell us its all for our safty, making ebay better  :o. Load of crap. Its about them .  ;)

Quicksilver

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 08:26:59 am »
The little RM is getting up their.