Author Topic: Re: Era specific or just an error??  (Read 866 times)

PJR

Re: Era specific or just an error??
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:27:57 pm »
I like the year cutoffs as they are as they're based on the engineering milestones of our sport.
*The pre 65 era marked the end of the heavyweight four stroke era before the CZ led 2 stroke revolution.
*Pre 70 marked the end of the traditional piston port pre japanese era
*Pre 75 marks the end of the traditional suspension era
*Pre '78 marks the end of the first phase of the suspension evolution.
Of course there exceptions to these cutoff dates but this are the basic milestones. I don't think they need fiddling with as they've worked well for 20 years with little drama. Leave these traditional classes well alone and worry about getting the future classing right.

TM BILL

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:47:17 pm »
I like the year cutoffs as they are as they're based on the engineering milestones of our sport.
*The pre 65 era marked the end of the heavyweight four stroke era before the CZ led 2 stroke revolution.
*Pre 70 marked the end of the traditional piston port pre japanese era
*Pre 75 marks the end of the traditional suspension era
*Pre '78 marks the end of the first phase of the suspension evolution.
Of course there exceptions to these cutoff dates but this are the basic milestones. I don't think they need fiddling with as they've worked well for 20 years with little drama. Leave these traditional classes well alone and worry about getting the future classing right.

I think red devil has summed it up perfectly  :)

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:48:22 pm »
Keep the current classes as they are, just simplify by making EVERY bike available within those dates eligible, without alterations, without exceptions.  Just as they were manufactured & sold.