Author Topic: New to the site, Cheers!!!!!!!  (Read 1511 times)

cblyx6

New to the site, Cheers!!!!!!!
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
 Hello,

A big THANKS to the op for letting me be a member, I am from the States and have been fasinated by the HL500's every since my first TT500, I found your website by researching the HL500 and Geoff Morris Concepts, Been lurking around off and on for a couple of years now, I have even found a couple of TT500's and sold to a now good friend in Australia. ANyway the reason for becoming a member, After much research this site seems to have the most knowlegable peep's on the HL500.

Two days ago I am out at the south hills in Billings MT. hillclimbing on my CR500AF and a kid rides past me on what I first noticed to be a TT500 ( Bling Bling too me) and then when he rode back by I noticed the Banana swing arm ( now the bells and whisles start going off), I chased him and his brother down and asked about the bike, and to make a long story short I bought the bike and now I have confirmed it to be a ProFab / Aberg HL500 replica. that was sold as a frame kit by Hallman Racing Inc. here in the U.S. 

So with that being said I really dont want to get to far off topic, I will be posting up later hopefully being able to get the best info for the restoration that is in store.   

THanks for a great site and See ya soon,

cblyx6

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New to the site, Cheers!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:24:31 am »
good score

Offline Bruised

• C-Grade
  • Brisbane (& Mackay) Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:54:46 am »

The more HL's in the family the better - welcome aboard
Well done on the purchase - looks like the good stuff.

Cheers
Bruised
The Romans didn’t build a great empire by organising meetings.  They did it by killing anybody who got in their way.

All people are your relatives; therefore expect only trouble from them

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 07:41:40 pm »
What a great story.
You love HLs and one (for sale) rides past on a random day out in the bush!
'Good score' as the man said - and welcome to the site.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 08:12:51 pm »
Welcome....

;D