Author Topic: Bloody Ebay  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bloody Ebay
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:57:55 pm »
had a guy win an auction I set up for a 1983 YZ125K - he emailed me after the event this morning and advised he wasn't going to pay - "circumstances had changed" so I get stiffed for the fees etc and cant leave negative feedback.  Sometimes you have gotta wonder eh

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:00:57 pm »
Can't you report him as a NPB through the dispute process?
I did this once before and got my fees refunded.

Yeah, I know its not really a dispute as such, but its how Ebay expect things to go.

And on an almost totally different topic, their categories suck - try selling a set of brake pads that fit more than one brand of bike... There's simply no category that they fit into properly.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:02:46 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:26:31 pm »
yep raise a dispute and youll get ya fees back.  or close item with a mutally agreed termination and get your refund that way.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 04:31:50 pm »
If his circumstances had changed he could have just asked you to cancel his bid rather than waiting for the auction to end (I've asked for this myself and have provided it to others) That at least saves you the final valuation fee (not the listing fee though).
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:21 pm »
yeah CG I told him that - could of saved a heap of drama.  Have contacted Ebay to see if I can get the selling fees back so will see what happens.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 04:25:44 pm »
Blooooody nice. Had one when I was a kid. My was a pain in the arse. Keept seizing gearbox. Turned out to be a bent selecter fork shaft. Old mate probly found one totaly trashed for $2495.

Mick

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 05:13:03 pm »
Hey fella's take a look at www.OZtion.com.au , it is not big on bikes at the moment, but they have free listing for first 60 days and then 2 cents to relist after that, plus there final sale fee is lower and it is 100% aussie site  :)   anyway im seeing more stuff on there than there was a couple of months ago, put it in ya favs list you might just find what you are looking for or sell what you dont want.

211kawasaki

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:23:07 pm »
Hey Mick
thanks for the tip on Oztion.com.au great to see / find another site that I hope really prospers.

I just wish as I do with Ebay that there was a catagory for Chinese made bikes because wadeing through all of them gives me the shits.

Lets hope they really do well

Mick

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:29:26 pm »
Yes your right there 211, what i do to get rid of that prob is just put in search, Yamaha, Honda etc and that pritty much gets what you are looking for, like i said OZtion is not big on bikes at the moment, but the more of us that go there the better it will get  :) .

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 06:02:12 pm »
re chinese shitbosses when you do your search punch in used it does get rid of of a lot of chinese dungers on chinese bikes fitted a set of new tyres to one and looked at the old set -made by  xuanking-say ti in mind a couple of times is it the chinese idea of a joke???

Tony T

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 06:08:09 pm »
If you go into Advanced Search and choose only Used Items, it eliminates all of them.
Actually, that's probably what shoreline already said....................  :-\

mx250

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:09:24 pm »
Hey fella's take a look at www.OZtion.com.au , it is not big on bikes at the moment, but they have free listing for first 60 days and then 2 cents to relist after that, plus there final sale fee is lower and it is 100% aussie site  :)   anyway im seeing more stuff on there than there was a couple of months ago, put it in ya favs list you might just find what you are looking for or sell what you dont want.
I've been watching it from time to time, haven't seen anything worthwhile or even remotely interesting. Whats there seems mostly from E shops and their prices don't seem all that enticing. The private seller seem to be particularly 'optimistic'.

We'll wait and see, and live in hope ::). But, for all its evils and shortfalls, Ebay is a hard act to beat.

Mick

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:13 pm »
MX250 i see you have grabbed what i said and then gone and pritty much put down what i said, i was not saying OZtion is better, just stating that there is a free listing site, maybe you should put your great things for a great price and put them on OZtion, then it will cost you nothing for listing and we might get to buy something nice and cheap from you  ;D,,,,shit mate im just trying to help out a Aussie site and let people know about it.

The more that sell on there the better the things will be :)   and dont forget that its free to list.