Author Topic: 2021 MoMS  (Read 18506 times)

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 MoMS
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »
Am I in a time warp? This is the same shit that went on years ago. This is the same "rules interpretation" discusion that turned me off the vmx scene and i joined VTR. Same reason hunter classics club will do well. DIRT BIKE FUN

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2020, 09:12:51 AM »
Am I in a time warp? This is the same shit that went on years ago. This is the same "rules interpretation" discusion that turned me off the vmx scene and i joined VTR. Same reason hunter classics club will do well. DIRT BIKE FUN

It doesn’t seem as bad in the Historic Road Racing scene.
I think one reason is; people would feel foolish saying: “He only beat me because his fairing isn’t an accurate shape.”
They seem extremely interested in people lining up, racing, and having a good time. (I’m still on a high from the QLD Historic Champs at Warwick.)

If someone cuts the water jacket off, welds fins on, and fits drum brake wheels to a 2001 KTM, then they deserve a trophy - maybe “Idiot of the meeting”, “Desperate Dan memorial award”?

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 01:40:36 PM »
Hopefully no one's that dumb. That 2001 KTM fits straight into Period 20 standard

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »
I meant if they were trying to make some sort of ultimate “EVO” class bike.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 10:55:16 PM »
In Evolution there's that catch all phrase "later components modified to comply are not allowed" or words to that effect. There's been talk about how to circumvent the Evolution rules for years but in reality there's very little problem.
Problem child is Pre95.However now with a class, Period20, for the non compliant bikes and the tightened eligibility rules to protect the kosher Pre95 bikes hopefully that will settle down.
If someone wants to go bananas check out REVolution, but if that doesn't fit then its Modern.