Author Topic: Modifications I got it so easy.  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Modifications I got it so easy.
« on: September 04, 2008, 11:25:12 pm »
Always reading here about mods or changes that well get up somebodies nose. Hey whinged myself at times and in my view quite rightly. ;) But I really got it soooo easy ,I take some wrecked Honda CB750 Road bikes, and remove standard bits like complete telescopic front end, seat ,tank, exhausts, all the useless road gear, guards , shockers ,disk brake* and  a heap more etc add other old goodies to replace a lot of the listed before and things like new mountings ,the odd 100/200/300cc+ to its bore, leading link front end, a bloody extra wheel and sidecar..... yep if I don't like what I see I can just change it because it is my Pre75 Home Built Special**......... Provided I do only what could be done back in 74 I will always be laughing :D. Cheers Tim
* redoing front end and refitting a single pot disk.... ;)
** People ask my what brand it is and that is why I reply HBS/Wasp ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:29:43 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Modifications I got so easy.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:04:56 am »
Always reading here about mods or changes that well get up somebodies nose. Hey whinged myself at times and in my view quite rightly. ;) But I really got it soooo easy ,I take some wrecked Honda CB750 Road bikes, and remove standard bits like complete telescopic front end, seat ,tank, exhausts, all the useless road gear, guards , shockers ,disk brake* and  a heap more etc add other old goodies to replace a lot of the listed before and things like new mountings ,the odd 100/200/300cc+ to its bore, leading link front end, a bloody extra wheel and sidecar..... yep if I don't like what I see I can just change it because it is my Pre75 Home Built Special**......... Provided I do only what could be done back in 74 I will always be laughing :D. Cheers Tim
* redoing front end and refitting a single pot disk.... ;)
** People ask my what brand it is and that is why I reply HBS/Wasp ;)

Is there a point to all this Tim? or are they just some drunken ramblings like I'm usually guilty of. ??? :o ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

YSS

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:07:01 am »
Tim  would you have a activator arm and bearing  in your collection ? You know the ones I mean ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:49:37 am by YSS »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:20:42 am »
 Just reading lots of "that pipe, carby, seat, rear shocker etc etc...looks wrong " stuff.  Made me sort of glad Honda did not bring out a MX sidecar version of the CB750 ;) :D :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:25:32 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:24:55 am »
Walter if it is that poxy brittle cross arm bearing holder thingo maybe, if it is something other than that very likely!If I have what you need it will be used parts but postage cost only OK.
 Could you please read your PM reply . Cheers Tim
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:30:41 am by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

YSS

Re: Modifications I got it so easy.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 11:45:22 am »
Thats the one Tim , dont give it away ,( I am not Steptoe and son PTY LTD) I will pay you for whats worth, if you have more than one , I will take more. They dont grow on trees . One mans trash can be one mans treasure, as you know. I am happy to do shockdeal if you wish .cheers Walter
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:49:16 am by YSS »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 02:40:09 pm »
Found and will post soon. :D
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:22:30 pm »
Tim, seems to me that you've already done the hard part of working out what fits/works and what doesn't.

I'm a bit that way with my Yam 500's. I probably built the first one five times before I got it all to work, now I just follow on the same, does make life easier doesn't it? ;)

Cheers

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:03:26 am »
Thanks Brent :D Actually I seem to only have perfected the don't fit part!!! :D OK I know there are some VMXers that get very snitchey about not perfect %100 restos good luck to them it is their pleasure,(*)   but me, I use what is about now and maybe change later if I want or need to, Cheers Tim Derrick

(*) The part where they bang on pedantically and blatantly shit stir >without the guts to have their real identity listed here<, about that pipe or plate or hub or what ever major or minor component is not precisely correct is to me and maybe many others just a crock of boring maggot vomit, if it is not right tell or show us your reasons and why not start to back up your claims. OK)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:06:55 pm by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.