Author Topic: Ever wondered what happended to the factory bikes?  (Read 2155 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Ever wondered what happended to the factory bikes?
« on: September 26, 2008, 01:55:50 am »
This is my mate Clive Busseys private collection of ex factory bikes.Clive has been collecting for over 30 years and sadly he has lost the passion for collecting.  I made this vid about 2 months ago before the collection was broken up and sent to the USA and Australia.    See whos bike you can spot, there is at least 4 world title winning bikes there.  Sorry about the music but it was a off the cuff vid and we were all talking shite so i had to edit it.  enjoy.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVJYw3FW_M&feature=user

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Ever wondered what happended to the factory bikes?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 01:57:10 am »
make that 6 world title bikes.

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 02:25:04 am »
Great video Dave.
See you at the weekend.
Thumpers Rule !

basil44

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:25:59 am »
Crickey.as the saying goes.Is there anything left for sale? if so can you contact me, parts, anything.Theres nothing wrong with Reggae man, there woudnt be many honest people on this forum that havent sampled a little bit of Reggae life man?Must be awesome to hang out in a shed like that.Cheers big ears.

Maico31

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:28:10 am »
Dave that's an awesome collection, hard to believe the owners lost interest in it. I'm guessing there are Suzuki and Kawasaki title winning bikes from Jobe, Noyces Honda, Joel Roberts Suzuki, Donny Schmitds Chesterfield Yamaha? I even spotted a Ribi front end that DeCoster used on his Honda.  Very cool..

mx250

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:37 am »
I'm not greedy, I'll just take the keys to the loft ;) ;D.

Better still, let VMX in there for about 6 months or so, to pull down the bikes and photograph the bikes in absolute detail ;D. Then publish it in print and on the internet.

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 10:59:50 am »
Thats an awesome collection. To create a collection like that I take it he was involved with motocross? Any idea what sort of $$ they fetched? Enough to by a new house I would imagine!

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 05:02:38 pm »
Ya know what I hate?
Checking this site on my work computer, seeing a post about a garage full of Works Bikes on vid - and 'You Tube' is restricted access!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:40:33 pm »
some one told me someone in qld is bringing a lot off works bikes to australia via the uk  in a container  ;)

Maico31

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 06:45:28 pm »
Yes someone in Brisbane will have 10 of those bikes soon i believe. Hopefully we'll get to see some of them.