Author Topic: I Gotta Quit Buying And Start Selling!  (Read 10316 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I Gotta Quit Buying And Start Selling!
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2008, 12:12:51 am »
gavin
the mr will slot in the cr frame.it would be simillar to the blue it yamaha range.if you port the mr barrell to cr or better specs it would be a great vinduro machine.as you can run lights that work.any way that what i will do with mine if i keep it.
all the parts will interchange with the 75/76 cr.crank the same.cases the same except mr stamped on them.different gear ratios not as close as cr but not as wide as mt.again just like it yamahas.point ignition as cr but has lighting coils.as far as i know rebuilds use the same parts as the 75/76 cr.these have up pipe and 73/74 tank will not fit with up pipe.larger mr250 tanks arnt too dear in the us.
75 cr had black frame 76 cr eveything except motor was red
i have a 73 and 76 cr250 plus the mr250 motor and spare 76 cr250 head and barrell my vinduro project mabe

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2008, 03:26:06 am »
jimg1au
Thank you, really appreciate your help. I will post a photo of the wreck later. -I should get the motor later this week. Thanks and thanks again. Any other info will be greatfully received.
Old and slow - and happy

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 12:00:03 pm »
I'm almost certain you'll find that MR ratios were actually wider than MT. For some reason Honda went to very wide ratios on the MR. It was one of its shortcomings. As stated above, MR engine is quite a bit diff from MT & very similar to 75-76 CR, but MT gearbox should still fit, if so desired. MT ratios offer a fairly good spread for Vinduro riding.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 05:34:15 pm »
just getting back onto tank finishes - has anybody seen a close up of the Project II Honda brochure?  2 of the photos there show the "new" Elsinore 250 with high polish tanks?????  Maybe I am on a winner ???

cheers

me
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 01:59:44 pm »
bad bad bad news, the disease has returned, it did not go away. I have been watching all the XR 75 cc postings, amazing little bikes. I decided I needed an XR 75 CC for my collection. I now have one coming my way.  I cant quit buying, help help
Old and slow - and happy

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 02:25:38 pm »
Nothing wrong with that crabman.the little fellas are easier to jamb in than the bigguns.  ;) )what did you score? a project or a completed one?

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2008, 03:36:12 pm »
KB 171
I got a rough but complete XR 75.  It looks like that I could possibly raid the parts bin of the small Honda's for spares ie the CRF 80 , crf 100 and maybe the odd pit bike.
I will post a before and after pic. The after could take a while. It remains my intention to finnish my RM 370 and the old 1975 cr 250 this year. I have been dreamin about my Ducati 450 for a long while.Firko has been an absolute gentleman in sharing what he has done. I have dedicated the month of December to trying to finalize what I am going to do with the Ducati. This Ducati will be the oldest bike that I have restored and I believe it will be my best resto yet.
Greetings from Africa
Gavin Williams
Old and slow - and happy

firko

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2008, 04:45:58 pm »
It's not often I get called a gentleman Gavin! I hope my Ducati tips helped. I've decided to make some drastic changes to my Hindall Ducati as it probably won't be a very competitive motocross bike. I've decided to turn it into a cafe racer/ street tracker/bobber style street bike for some Sunday morning buzzes up the mountains. I've got enough VMX bikes anyway and as the Ducati is too cool to be a garage queen it deserves to be used more than the once or twice yearly Classic Dirt appearances. I'll fit some motard style wheels and brakes which frees up the current Rickman wheels for use on my Cheney Yamaha project, saving me about a grand on wheel builds. Send us some photos of your Duke mate.

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2008, 03:24:03 pm »
Hi Firko
will do. I have done nothing on the bike yet. I will also post photo's of the 76 RM 370 and Honda 78 cr 250.
Thanks Gavin
Old and slow - and happy