Author Topic: air shocks fox\kyb.. you got any info?  (Read 13125 times)

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
Re: air shocks fox\kyb.. you got any info?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 10:49:14 am »
yes tony your point sounds correct, but we are talking about 15 - 17 inches shocks..

so the question can be: does the decarbon system  (separate gas\oil) be mandatory to have a good shocsk (probably my english here is crashing..hope it's anyway understandable..)

and for walter: RZ362 YSS (no reservoir) are decarbon or emulsion?

Paulo , looking at the scenery , you must live in northern Italy . I think its best if you you contact our distributor there . You may even be able to take your bike there for a custom fit (highly recommended in this case )
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 11:14:43 am »
Just a question on your Yamaha. I am not trying to be a smart arse as you may have a very good and legitimate reason.

Why would you fit an alloy swing-arm, sprocket and rims (I assume to reduce unsprung weight and weight overall) then fit the shocks in a manner which means 75% of the shock weight becomes unsprung weight? The shocks really need to be up the correct way with the reservoirs attached to the frame to minimise unsprung weight and maximise shock performance as they were designed to be mounted reservoir up.

As I said I am not trying to detract from your great build just an observation and question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:24:19 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline ghostdancing

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016, 07:02:03 pm »
@Walter: i am in south italy, in ischia , a little island in the gulf of naples (near the famous capri)..wich company is the YSS distributor in italy?

@Heaven, you point is correct: i was forced to mount the shocks in that way cos on the other side i have a muffler pipe clearance issue.. the shocks in the pics are the cheap china JBS or RFY, (i bought them just to have a set of correct lenght shocks to finish and test the bike)

BTW i opened that shocks and found that they are not "fake": are rebuildable and can work , but as come stock there is few oil and air trapped inside, i filled fresh oil and charge again gas (air, no nitrogen, just to test) and they work; main issue is that travel it's only 7cm.. basically are road bike shocks

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2016, 07:15:12 pm »
Chiao Bello , I thought you are up north near Asti . ( Because of the Elderberry tree) . Try Andreani . or http://www.motoshopitalia.com/yss-ammortizzatori-m-62.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:44:14 pm by Wasp »
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline ghostdancing

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2016, 07:47:27 pm »
in the north of italy there is much more vintage offroad culture and history of italian motocross\enduro is all there (there were many factories back in the days, as villa, swm, aprilia, cagiva and many more).. all disappeared today

in the south only in sicily (the big island, famous worldwide for the mafia) there is a some motor\vintage offroad culture (our last motocross champion was from there).

walter what's your opinion about the decarbon system debate.. or.. can an emulsion shocks work well anyway?

p.s. your italian is improving nicely..

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2016, 07:56:47 pm »
felice anno nuovo, I raced in Italy many times . Great food , great ragazzas , great tracks . Today we have happy new year , no more ammortizoro  till  2017 . Happy New year .

Offline ghostdancing

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 08:01:56 pm »
..that's correct... felice anno nuovo a tutti gli amici di tutto il mondo

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 03:44:17 am »
That's a great looking Yamaha. We took a trip to Positano a few years ago. The road riding was unbelievable. I had more fun riding 2 up on a silly 150 scooter and half helmets than I ever did racing mx or off road. The roads were amazing. Never mind you have to ride wide open or cars will push you right off the road.