Author Topic: pe175 performance questions  (Read 19513 times)

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: pe175 performance questions
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 09:41:15 pm »
And yet to commit to the purchase.. i bought the bike based on the info from tnis forum????

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 11:49:35 pm »
Good little bike the PE, just takes a little to get use to how to ride it and get the most out of it.More than capable of going just about anywhere but it isnt a trials bike by any stretch . My first ride on one i hated it Felt like I had to wring its neck to make it perform. I prefer my not so peaky engines for tight stuff but i wouldnt turn my nose up at a nice PE.

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2016, 09:32:59 am »
look at it this way ...its not a 125  being throttled pinned wide open  nor is it a 250 with plenty of mid range ..... its a mix of both and will be a fun bike once you accept what it delivers.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2016, 09:59:18 am »
And make sure the pipe has minimal carbon in it. My mates PE175T was getting a bit sluggish, so we cooked the pipe out, and it lost a fair bit of weight, and regained some performance.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 09:06:10 am »
so your saying abit of base gasket protroding in the transfer ports causing an restriction is a good thing??

Sounds counter intuitive but it actually worked with 30% of the duct area shrouded. If you look at the Hessels cylinder pic you will see a big difference between the duct entry and exit areas of the A & B transfer ducts. Small entry area leading to big exit area. That way the intake discharge maintains superior direction when the transfers start to flow as more volume is held in the duct(intake charge does not go from carb to combustion chamber in 1 cycle) . Result was less intake went straight out the exhaust, cooled the piston better  which in turn allowed leaner jetting.
In the case of a gasket sticking out a bit between the cases and cylinder will make no measurable difference, though as my mate put it "increases the overall impression ratio" ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 09:51:48 am »
Hessels cylinder.

I was meaning to ask, what's the story with the pictured cylinder?

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 10:46:29 am »
anyone had a look at the pics on Ian Williams tuning iwt.com.au just saying, Ive been tinkering for a few decades and still learning what I thought I knew is wrong