Author Topic: Replacement CR250M seat base  (Read 2908 times)

Quicksilver

Replacement CR250M seat base
« on: July 12, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »
A bloke once told me about an Ozzie guy making CR250m seat bases out of fiber glass. Cant remember who it was now  ::). Any one have any leads who the base marker is, contact detail or email for this bloke.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement CR250M seat base
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 10:07:27 AM »
it was me drew
the guy advertises on the ozvmx web page vintage dirt i think

Quicksilver

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »
 ??? ??? Cant see it Jim. Just normal adds that always been on home page. Nothing under " Vintage dirt " Do you still have the blokes contact details?

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
Hey Quickie. I had a seat made for my Cr125m about 6 years ago, by Vintage Dirt in New South Wales. It has a fiberglass base. The phone number I have is (02) 63660138. He was a farmer and a bit hard to get hold of at the time. Hope this helps. Darcy #674
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Quicksilver

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 04:21:32 PM »
Thanks Darcy. I will give him a call in a few days.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »
sorry drew it is in the vmx mag at the back

Offline RED ALERT

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »
A while back (jan 07) Vintage Elsinores in The US had plastic seat bases made. I got one for my 125M, can't remember if he had them for the 250 as well.

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 11:54:31 PM »
Thanks for the lead for the CR250m seat base. I bought a new foam and cover from AMS racing. They make a GP foam and cover to match. No one seems to have a 250 seat base. Ended up buying a seat from the US on e-bay just for the base. was original but they are a crappy thin plastic base with what looks like a piece of aluminum foil over the top. Just the force from the cover is enough to pull them out of shape, and they dont appear to sit properly on the frame rails.
Anyway followed your lead, and contacted Vintage Dirt last Thursday afternoon. Explained I had race in Wandering in 2 weeks. He didnt have any made but would make one for me and have it over to WA asap. Didnt have to pay him he would enclose his bank details for me to transfer funds when seat arrives as he said you have to trust people.
Base arrived today, and fits perfect and is 100% better than the original rubbish. Dont get that service from many nowadays.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 12:15:04 AM »
thats excellent - especially after we were complaining re prices on another thread (myself included).  Might just order one now.

regards

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 12:27:55 AM »
when i bought my seat base he was the only one in the world making them at the time.just supply ome brackets anf it fits.
he made the whole seat cover foam and honda on the back.
also fiberglass side covers and front no plate
cheers
jim

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 12:54:15 AM »
He did ask if I needed a foam or cover, but I already them. Im going to contact tomorrow and personally thank him.
There is another thread in the forum about buying bits from shops / suppliers here in aust or from overseas. I personally have been let down a few too many times or just cant get the parts required so its either e-bay or AMS racing or the like, but I sure will use this chap first when I need something like this again.

Quicksilver

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
He did ask if I needed a foam or cover, but I already them. Im going to contact tomorrow and personally thank him.
There is another thread in the forum about buying bits from shops / suppliers here in aust or from overseas. I personally have been let down a few too many times or just cant get the parts required so its either e-bay or AMS racing or the like, but I sure will use this chap first when I need something like this again.

Please PM me his details. I would like to contact this man.  :)